Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Well after a couple months of use my tsunami shield is making noise, I clean after every use, I guess you get what you pay for. I love the reel though, it's light and comfortable. Looking for something to replace it but not looking for a Van Stal.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 11:13 AM, Motorcrazy said:

Well after a couple months of use my tsunami shield is making noise, I clean after every use, I guess you get what you pay for. I love the reel though, it's light and comfortable. Looking for something to replace it but not looking for a Van Stal.

are you gonna check it out,or have it checked out?

I ask because you imply that you have given up on it.

it could be something very simple.

HH

Heavy Hooksetter I completely disassembled the reel, there was water inside, I cleaned it thoroughly greased and oiled it. I used it last night and seem as smooth as when I bought it. I was very surprised to see how much water was inside of it, it does get splashed in the surf but I'm very careful not to dunk it.

8 mins ago, Motorcrazy said:

Birdsnester the saltx is a beautiful reel.

Not a lick of trouble with mine.  Very happy with it.

19 hours ago, Motorcrazy said:

Heavy Hooksetter I completely disassembled the reel, there was water inside, I cleaned it thoroughly greased and oiled it. I used it last night and seem as smooth as when I bought it. I was very surprised to see how much water was inside of it, it does get splashed in the surf but I'm very careful not to dunk it.

well good on you man.

glad you didn't give up on it.

hope it serves you well for a long time,,just stay up on it.

HH

Slammer 3 4500.

It gets splashed with sticky sand in OC all the time.  I spray it off and it's fine after 2 years, close to 3. I fish it on a 9' and 7' rod.

Plus I like the 2 different knobs it comes with.  I take off the metal one when it gets cold out.

i mean this as no insult but i do not understand how guys can fish the surf and not pop the sideplate at the end of a session or at least periodically. only takes a second. i see all the time people saying they are surprised to find water inside after months of use. when you open if there are some drops of water just dump em out and leave open to dry. when grease becomes discolored service..... again, no insult intended

After using my beloved (and bulletproof) Penn 550 SS since '82.  I bought a Penn Slammer 4500 last year and I'm super happy with it.  I watched Amazon's price......it was at $189 one day so pulled the trigger.