fishinfanatic

Dry top recommendations?

6 posts in this topic

With your budget you may find some semi-dry (neoprene vs latex gaskets) offerings starting around $200. Immersion research, NRS, Kokatat, Stohlquist and Palms are brands to look at. Ive purchased 4 used tops on SOL for just over your budget.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Recently I purchased the NRS Endurance Splash Jacket and I’m very happy with it. It blocks the wind, waterproof, and sleeves and neck have Velcro gaskets. On sale at their site  for $45.99. Stole that thing!

For this type of fall weather it’s all you need with the Kokatat half pants.

7C7A15C7-5B4D-4349-873A-DA0672E17902.jpeg

Edited by Racerx919

I have been wearing Kokatat dry tops and a dry suit   for years great products that they stand by them. I have only good experiences with their products . Customers service is second to none. I have a semi dry top that is very comfortable for surf and kayak fishing.

Here's a thought for you, if you buy a whitewater style dry top that has a double tunnel, it can be sealed with bib pants like the Kokotat Hydrus dry pants to create a full dry suit. Makes a little bit of future prep for you and cheaper than buying a full dry suit down the line.

FWIW the Kokotat Hydrus dry top and bib is what I use for the relatively few times a year that I'm in a dry suit.  One reason I went with this system after owning a number of full dry suits over the years is that I've gotten broader and had a really hard time getting my shoulders through the zipper with layers on.  Damn things are designed for slim young men!