scoobydoo

Vr 50 knuckle friendly part swap..

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I know that VSX extended handles are on the way, not sure about VR but I thought hat was an issue that the black model dealt with?

The new production silver VR50s now have the same extended stem as the blacks. I assume there's still old stock out there but the batches coming into shops currently should all be the same as the VR50B according to TheSaltwaterEdge. No idea on parts availability tho. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Picked a silver up from a local shop a few weeks ago, I must have got old stock, noticed the knucklie banging when reeling in a fish. Not noticeable otherwise.

Is this what the issue is, rubbing the handle when reeling aggressively?

I guess I'll stay tuned to check out a new handle and if it's worth upgrading later. 

Edited by johnysmoke

I am interested in knowing this too, tho i’m more interested in when the bailess kit & power knobs come out, anyone with any vs contacts kno? I’ve tried emailing Van Staal, No response, made a thread here too, nobody replied.

On 10/24/2020 at 10:51 AM, johnysmoke said:

Picked a silver up from a local shop a few weeks ago, I must have got old stock, noticed the knucklie banging when reeling in a fish. Not noticeable otherwise.

Is this what the issue is, rubbing the handle when reeling aggressively?

I guess I'll stay tuned to check out a new handle and if it's worth upgrading later. 

My handle works great, I was mistaken.