dae2fish

Star Seagis 7’6 MH split grip vs full cork grip

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I’m looking for an inshore rod around $150 range to pair with Stradic CI4+ 4000. I have been reading up on some posts about the Star Seagis 7’6 MH (10-20 line) and seems like there are a lot of positive feedback on this rod. I was wondering if the people who own this rod could help me with a couple questions. 1) Do you own the split grip or full grip? How do you like the rod? 2)Beside the butt section being longer on the split grip, are there any other major differences? 2) What is the scale weight of this 76MH Seagis? (Looking to create a really light combo)

Thanks for your help.

i have that same rod with the split grip  and use it with my c14 + 4000. love the rod it is my backbay sodbank rod. nice plugging and jigging rod. not sure of the weight but it is a very light combo.

I have the 7'6" MH split grip, love it.  Use it in the spring and hopefully next time I head down to Florida.  Use it with a ci4 4000.

How does the ci4 4000 

3 hours ago, fishunt727 said:

i have that same rod with the split grip  and use it with my c14 + 4000. love the rod it is my backbay sodbank rod. nice plugging and jigging rod. not sure of the weight but it is a very light combo.

3 hours ago, ne_dan said:

I have the 7'6" MH split grip, love it.  Use it in the spring and hopefully next time I head down to Florida.  Use it with a ci4 4000.

How does it ci4 4000 balance with the 76MH split grip? I read somewhere on the internet that it is a little top heavy...

I use Stradic 5000’s with those rods and they balance perfectly. You may want to consider the 8-17lb version with the 4000.