Stopsign32v

I now realize maybe I went too far...

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

Well I must say, I got caught up in the Bomber thread and went crazy. Yea I'm new to this fishing stuff but one thing I've learned in my traveling...When someone with 7,000 posts tell you to do something and you are rather fresh to it, best to listen. So when XBMX said this, I took him serious...

If you can find this 16a buy every one you can afford. It’s Magic!!!!  I’ve caught Literally hundreds and more on this. It’s a nighttime magnet. It was also offered in 17a as well. Expect to pay a premium.  50517239338_a0bf638700_w.jpg

I bought all I could find.

50517948306_551acd7c3c_c.jpg

23 mins ago, Stopsign32v said:

Well I must say, I got caught up in the Bomber thread and went crazy. Yea I'm new to this fishing stuff but one thing I've learned in my traveling...When someone with 7,000 posts tell you to do something and you are rather fresh to it, best to listen. So when XBMX said this, I took him serious...

I bought all I could find.

50517948306_551acd7c3c_c.jpg

What I want to know is where you got them from...

Nice score

I could be wrong, but I think the ones stopsign has purchased are different. If this is what I think they are, they are more dense,heavier whatever and seem to cast better than newer. I found one on the beach by Cuttyhunk years ago and cherish it. Have not seen others like it for sale since.

10 mins ago, Sir Defyable said:

We can definitely agree that buying bombers a dozen at a time is the only way

Nice! I'm going to take family picture soon. Have a ton on the way...

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, beret said:

I could be wrong, but I think the ones stopsign has purchased are different. If this is what I think they are, they are more dense,heavier whatever and seem to cast better than newer. I found one on the beach by Cuttyhunk years ago and cherish it. Have not seen others like it for sale since.

These are I believe Bombers from the 80's, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Stopsign32v

They were only made a handful of years. I was told that the licensing agreement with Sosin expired and they never renewed it. I remember it as the early 90's

I honestly dont know if the Sosin colors go far back, that they were packaged in the 2 piece boxes. Those were 80's.

Do you know the first lure theory ?  You are doing great on the first lure. Bailing fish left and right. You bought have a dozens. Now the fish changed their mind and you are sitting on a pile of unsed lures. True story.

5 mins ago, hobobob said:

Do you know the first lure theory ?  You are doing great on the first lure. Bailing fish left and right. You bought have a dozens. Now the fish changed their mind and you are sitting on a pile of unsed lures. True story.

That would never happen!

anyone need a few dozen bucktails in red wine ? Cough cough :banghd:

11 mins ago, hobobob said:

Definitely true. Either the fish won’t like the lures gif whatever reason like changes in the primary bait fish available or there will just be another lure that comes along that works much better. Either way you’re stuck with a huge cache of lures you’ll never use.