beret

Penn Battle bail trip lever

7 posts in this topic

I removed the bail trip lever to make manual bail closing but the bail will not stay closed...

Did I do wrong.....it closes but does not stay there..

Beret,

Is there any tension on the bail wire when you open it?  If not the bail spring and pivot arm may be out of place.  The bail spring sits in a track in the rotor.  The pointy end of the pivot arm sits inside the spring.  The round end of the pivot arm sits in a hole under the bail arm.  

Jim

No tension at all. I will check again. The spring is in the track and pointy end in the spring but maybe the ball end is not it it's correct spot....thanks.

9 hours ago, PENN Fishing said:

Beret,

Is there any tension on the bail wire when you open it?  If not the bail spring and pivot arm may be out of place.  The bail spring sits in a track in the rotor.  The pointy end of the pivot arm sits inside the spring.  The round end of the pivot arm sits in a hole under the bail arm.  

Jim

Jim, what position should the bail arm be in when trying to insert the ball end of the pivot arm........thanks.

Jim I must just be stupid but is still not right. Is there a schematic you can foward. Every thing I have found on line does not have the detail to be helpful......thanks.

Beret,

The picture below should be helpful.  It is from a SSVI.  Similar bail trip parts as the Battle.  The round end of the pivot arm goes in the round hole on the bail arm.  Next slide the bail arm on to the post on the rotor.  Then fasten the bail arm screw.  

Jim

5f96af5ad2524_bailarmtopivot.jpg.92e85c5a64506f9af026b9e6a496f76a.jpg