Eeeeels

Power pro v2 super slick

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

I couldn’t find what I usually buy so I bought this I’m putting it on now anybody have any pros or cons with this stuff feels pretty flimsy to me I hope I didn’t throw 30 bucks in the garbage.

image.jpg

Yep, It's pretty thin.I spooled a reel for one of my customers ,he came back to say it broke off while pulling line off to test the drag.I have other customers that really like it.I usually stick with the regular PP.

10 mins ago, Eeeeels said:

Damm

damm

damm

What line do you usually use?  

I don’t care what line I use. Either suffix 832, jbraid, or superslick.   I use them all. 

v2 is a little more abrasion resistant.  Also the coating will wear off.  Some people love it.  Some people hate it.  

ive caught fish with it. So it works

That’s comforting 

Are usually use the straight moss green old-school Powerpro but they were out

Well tonight’s gonna be a field test for me

Ive had the 20 lb spooled on  a rod in regular rotation for a little over two years now. No issues at all. It does seem to cast a little smoother than the regular power pro. For my uses, it isn't worth the additional cost over the regular, but I will continue to use what I have until it runs out, with no worries.

It's decent stuff.  I like suffix832 better, but you didn't waste your money.

On my penn, I had it spooled perfectly if it were suffix.  Kept getting crazy wind knots, until I reached a certain level on the spool and since then not a single knot and it has been great.  This is albie fishing so obviously much higher chances of loops going on the spool, for the record.  Had a big albie run me into boulders, the stuff came up without a sign of chaffing.  enjoy 

12 hours ago, Bluetaildragger said:

On my penn, I had it spooled perfectly if it were suffix.  Kept getting crazy wind knots, until I reached a certain level on the spool and since then not a single knot and it has been great.  This is albie fishing so obviously much higher chances of loops going on the spool, for the record.  Had a big albie run me into boulders, the stuff came up without a sign of chaffing.  enjoy 

Same here. I liked the original s8s better. 

Last year spooled the slammer 4500 with 30# v2 - 1st day wind knots like crazy, after that it was fine (may have been slightly overspooled)

This year SSV5500 - 1st day wind knots, after losing 40 yds none. (not overspooled)

As far as fighting strength there are no complaints, also no mystery break offs like original PP. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

I'll never use PP again.  Bought 2 spools this spring, 30lb and 50 lb and both would just break on me soon as they got a lot of tension.  Ended up losing 5 bass of 40+lb because of it.  Went to jBraid and started landing them.

Edited by kurazy kracka

I have three smaller reels spooled with PPSSv2 in 10 lbs. and 15 lbs., have had no issues at all.  I also use regular Power Pro and Daiwa J-Braid 8, the PPSSv2 is slicker than those two and has held up as well so far (one reel is over a year old and much used).  OH

One additional thought:  Like its name says, it is super slick.  I keep this in mind when tying knots.  For example, I put 10-12 loops on the braid side of a braid-to-mono double uni.