AaronWilde

Luna 253L levelwind conversion

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

Hey so recently I got a Daiwa Luna 253l reel. I am not a big fan of the disengaging levelwind. I heard I can order the parts from the Luna 300L that are responsible for keeping the levelwind engaged, and then put those parts in my 253l, converting it essentially? I've experience with Abu round reel parts and insides, but not the Luna. Does anyone know what parts I would need or if this is indeed possible? 

For casting I don't find much difference in distance with the disengaged levelwind, but what really bothers me is the inconsistent drag when fighting a fish. The levelwind is out of sync with the line once you hook a fish which makes the drag feel inconsistent as the line comes off the spool at weird angles. This is a big deal when fighting Coho Salmon in the rivers.. they fight hard, thrashing, rolling, jumping, and wiggling. A tad too much or too little drag at the wrong moment and they shake the barbless hook in a jiffy. 

Thx

If memory is correct, its not possible.

The sideplate has a magforcez mechanisms in the way. You cant install the idler and cogs needed. Nor does the mag force spool allow it.

So it's not possible to use 300 parts.