Heavy Hooksetter

WTB Creek Chub Giant pikies

42 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

gotcha.

thought it would be more of a surface/diving plug looking at the type of lip it has.

HH

out of curiosity,what kinda long green would that go for?

also,whats the length?

HH

It’s 8”. I would sell it for $30 shipped

7 hours ago, Bitemysluggo said:

Got a couple.I think the yellow ones. $18ea. And I have a couple of the giant jointed also.$22ea. If interested I will go in my storage room and dig them out.

I Appreciate the offer but,i have a bunch now,ty though,big of you to help

my mind could change and if so,i will hit you up.

HH

4 mins ago, Heavy Hooksetter said:

I Appreciate the offer but,i have a bunch now,ty though,big of you to help

my mind could change and if so,i will hit you up.

HH

Just found the (2) Giant Pikies they are both yellow.Creek Chub calls them yellow croaker. Both for $30 shipped??

when they started making the Pikes in china I bought one..skinned it...the whole head is plastic and they married the wood body to the head...thought the whole plug was wood.

5 mins ago, capesams said:

when they started making the Pikes in china I bought one..skinned it...the whole head is plastic and they married the wood body to the head...thought the whole plug was wood.

very true,thats where the water gets in and they crack.

of the 4 original new versions I bought 3 of them cracked,i fixed them and then I found another one,which cracked too

I sanded it down to bare and found what you found.

I sealed it,painted it and took it fishing,caught a 50 inch fish with it.

the wood seems to not be sealed but the white stuff under the paint is what they tried to waterproof them with failed because it gets in around the lips slot and eyelet then to the spot where they are married and then crack.

I hang them and apply heat for a while to dry them out then epoxy then crack then scuff and epoxy the whole plug,it worked and they are still good to go.

HH

30 mins ago, Bitemysluggo said:

Just found the (2) Giant Pikies they are both yellow.Creek Chub calls them yellow croaker. Both for $30 shipped??

lemme sleep on it,,,i heave a dozen of them now but,will see what I think in a day or so K?

HH

On 11/6/2020 at 2:15 PM, capesams said:

These are a horrible product compared to the originals. 
it would be better to look for warrior pre 80’s. Then get them refurbished

Ine I’m redoing for a friend. 

D32A1B4F-8E50-41D0-8CC3-F0C7855BD48C.jpeg