Midnightpass

Dodgers Vs Rays

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

I'm a life long Dodgers fan, so I'm a little biased... Hope the Dodgers can finally do it... The National League series was a fun to watch... I also hope this is a good Series to watch... Go Dodgers!!!

Butch

Go Rays!  Should be a good series  -  interesting payrolls: 108 Million vs 28 million pay.  I may be biased but I think the Rays have the advantage because they are used to playing in a nearly empty stadium.  Dodgers are a great team though - be nice if Tommy Lasorda made it to the games.

2 hours ago, unskunk said:

mookie makes more than the entire rays team.........

That's about the only reason I could possibly root for the Rays......

That line drive double play the Rays hit into with 2 men on and down 8-3 was the final nail in the coffin - a bit of a 'look what I found' catch by the pitcher...but that's how the game goes sometimes

Posted (edited) · Report post

I'm OK with the Sox not signing Mookie... loved Mookie, but not for 12 years $365M...

let's see how the Dodgers still like the contract in 5 years... the last 6 years of the contract (age 34 through 39) including signing bonus is $200M...

Edited by jettyjockey18

Can't believe Tampa won that game last night...that's the kind of loss where you start to wonder whether 'mojo' is involved when it comes to the Dodgers fate...They are the better team and should beat Tampa in this WS. However, during the past 3-4 years, that team has found every way to lose...ranging from legitimately losing to better teams to outright choking against teams they should have beat...Could that start to creep into their heads?

Man, what a game!!! You people that think baseball is boring, should watch this Series... That outcome was pretty dramatic, as was the whole game... Congrats to the Rays... My poor Dodgers...

Butch

1 min ago, MooreLyonQuick said:

Wild finish - Rays have to get to Kershaw tonight and that won't be easy. 

Kershaw is puzzling to me...because he has the reputation of being a choker. But my own observations are different...He's typically strong/dominating for 5-6 innings then tires out. And the manager fails to make a move before the opposing hitters lite him up for 5-6 runs (after 5 innings of shut out, or 1 run ball)...I can only remember one or two occasions where he was bad right off the bat

18 hours ago, albacized said:

Kershaw is puzzling to me...because he has the reputation of being a choker. But my own observations are different...He's typically strong/dominating for 5-6 innings then tires out. And the manager fails to make a move before the opposing hitters lite him up for 5-6 runs (after 5 innings of shut out, or 1 run ball)...I can only remember one or two occasions where he was bad right off the bat

his career playoff record is something like 12-12...

managers seem to ride their horses 1 inning too long...