If you had a choice when to hit the beach...

Rate this topic

Daylight

1. High tide and outgoing?

2. Dark to dawn, regardless of tide?

3. Dusk to dark, regardless of tide?

Being retired I can go whenever I went and most times I just like the idea of just being out and about and catching a fish just a bonus, but if you were to maybe have a routine what time would be a good regular hour or to two to get out?

Are the striped bass required to set back their clocks in NJ in the coming weeks?

How come all the regulations are for the humans only, the fish should have to follow the rules, too! Really not fair.

Edited by Daylight

For me it comes down to a few different things. It really depends on the spot I decide to fish. If I’m fishing structure or a boulder field I will usually target the last 4 hours of the outgoing tide. For bars or bowls on the beach I’ll target the last three hours of incoming. It also depends on the sweep of current. To me a lot of different things come into play. But if you’re just going out to wet a line I feel as the outgoing tide to be the best. 

2 mins ago, Pierce said:

1. Two/three hours before high tide

2. Bring a partner or two

3. Can be fish alone.

I am not as lucky as you who can fish anytime n choose the best possible condition to fish in. I just go n hit the beach whenever possible regardless of the condition above.

I am going to try your #1.

Thanks.

Just now, Daylight said:

...and just another observation.

When I am headed to IBSP it seems when all the 4x4s are parked in front of Grumpys and B&N's the beach is empty and vice versa.

When I try Pierce's #1 will be interesting to see whats in front of the tackle shops.

fishing is always better right before i get there... " it was an all blitz an hour ago"! 

and right after i leave...  "they started blitzing as soon as you left the other day"

so...fish anytime i'm not there and you'll probably do fine.