Shock Collar

Saltx 6000 Rod Recommendation

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

On 10/17/2020 at 5:47 PM, Shock Collar said:

Looking for some more guidance/recommendations. What’s everyone fishing with their Saltx 6000?

This reel is a nice saltwater sized spinning reel ... I'll call it medium heavy. I have a custom built 9.5 ft Lamiglas rod with a thick / beefy cork handle set up it mates to ( for 2 to 3oz. lures) ... but it is also destine for an 11ft ODM Genesis (1 to 4oz) surf rod. Very nice when paired with a Tsunami Airwave Elite 11' 2M rod.

So I think it goes well with beefy 9 footers to slender 11 foot surf rods and anything in between. 

1 hour ago, KironaFly said:

This reel is a nice saltwater sized spinning reel ... I'll call it medium heavy. I have a custom built 9.5 ft Lamiglas rod with a thick / beefy cork handle set up it mates to ( for 2 to 3oz. lures) ... but it is also destine for an 11ft ODM Genesis (1 to 4oz) surf rod. Very nice when paired with a Tsunami Airwave Elite 11' 2M rod.

So I think it goes well with beefy 9 footers to slender 11 foot surf rods and anything in between. 

Great stuff, I've looked at both of those actually. The Tsunami Saltx 10' looks pretty nice too but waiting for more feedback on that.

1 hour ago, Shock Collar said:

Great stuff, I've looked at both of those actually. The Tsunami Saltx 10' looks pretty nice too but waiting for more feedback on that.

I think there's a Youtube video of a Florida guy who tests out that set up on Jacks & Tarpon, etc. Filmed just before the market release of the SaltX rods.

2 hours ago, Shock Collar said:

The Salt-X 10' 3/4-3 3/4 oz is a perfect rod for that. I've been using one all year and love it.

47 mins ago, nycstripers16 said:

The Salt-X 10' 3/4-3 3/4 oz is a perfect rod for that. I've been using one all year and love it.

That’s what I’m leaning towards, or the Skinner Dark Matter rod but that is out of stock. Will look to BST for the 10th Saltx. 

I've been using a GSB1201M all season. I feel this reel fits and balances well on this rod. I do have more wind knots than I'd like though.  

:headscratch:

23 hours ago, ANGCorsair said:

I've been using a GSB1201M all season. I feel this reel fits and balances well on this rod. I do have more wind knots than I'd like though.  

:headscratch:

What kind of braid are you using?

1 hour ago, Shock Collar said:

What kind of braid are you using?

Originally I used Power Pro 40lb and then switched to Suffix 832 Advanced 30lb with no difference noted.

Shame because I've been very satisfied with the set-up otherwise.

I pair mine with the Tsunami Airwave Elite 10'6, and I'm happy with that combo (spooled with 40lb Suffix 832). I have also used the SaltX 6000 on the 9'6 version of that same rod, but I prefer a smaller reel for the 9'6 (currently using a Penn Spinfisher VI 4500). I'm happy with the SaltX overall.