yupitsnuge

ISO UL/L spinning rod for Shimano Stradic 2500 CI4

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I picked up a shimano Stradic ci4+ 2500 without seeing it and it’s a bit tiny for what I was intending to use it for but I’d like to keep it and pair it with a light in weight ultralight or light spinning rod. Mainly back bays and shore fishing swimming shads, bucktails, kastmasters, etc. targeting small small stripers, fluke, porgy, snappers. We never get anything big back by us. 

I have mine on an avid inshore VIS70MF. I use it primarily for schoolies.  (Rubber and small to medium sized plugs). I don’t like this rod for bucktailing fluke. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

St Croix Premier PS70MLF 4-10#  or the PS70MF 6-12#.  For the $ this rod is light weight and pairs well with any 2500 size Shimano. I own this one and a PS60MLF for the yak. Love them!

Edited by Slick706

16 hours ago, yupitsnuge said:

I picked up a shimano Stradic ci4+ 2500 without seeing it and it’s a bit tiny for what I was intending to use it for but I’d like to keep it and pair it with a light in weight ultralight or light spinning rod. Mainly back bays and shore fishing swimming shads, bucktails, kastmasters, etc. targeting small small stripers, fluke, porgy, snappers. We never get anything big back by us. 

How much weight do you want to be able to throw

13 mins ago, AFMike said:

How much weight do you want to be able to throw

Max of 2 oz. usually throw 3” swim shad which are 1/2oz and 4” which are 1oz I believe.

7 mins ago, yupitsnuge said:

Max of 2 oz. usually throw 3” swim shad which are 1/2oz and 4” which are 1oz I believe.

7' or 7'6" Century Weapon Jr will get you up to 1.75oz, 7'3" Century Weapon Jr Mag Taper will get you up to no problem.  Very light in wt