puff tentacle

If you catch a Trevala S please notify!!!

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Yup, favorite Trevala S with Daiwa Ballistic LT 3000 is at the bottom of the Ocean with a blackfish attached to it.

We were fishing the South side of Fishers island yesterday and when I grabbed the leader and brought the fish up ,it slipped out of hands when trying to remove my jig . When the fish hit the water it dove down like it’s life depended on it, and rod went right over the short gunnels.  Mistake #1 I should have placed the rod in the rod holder instead of leaning it against the boat. Chalk one up for the fish I guess and  it’s probably not so bad swimming around attached to the this rod because it was an extremely light set up. :wee:   Yes , I know poor technique ,but the the Captain rightfully so ,did not want us swinging fish on the deck with everyone else using sinkers ,and this fish did not require a net in my  IMO.   I am just curious if someone catches it.  The reel will probably be chit  anyway . :waah:

If the captain doesn't want sinkers hitting his luxury liner deck, then he should net every fish. I fished with a captain once, his name was Adam. He mentioned something like "watch the gel coat", when my sinker accidentally ticked the deck. He never got any more of my money. He was a real doosh.

An ancient greek philosopher once told me, he said Mr. MP, the rod holder is your friend.

2 hours ago, mickrazz said:

If the captain doesn't want sinkers hitting his luxury liner deck, then he should net every fish. I fished with a captain once, his name was Adam. He mentioned something like "watch the gel coat", when my sinker accidentally ticked the deck. He never got any more of my money. He was a real doosh.

An ancient greek philosopher once told me, he said Mr. MP, the rod holder is your friend.

I hear ya but I wasn’t paying for the trip and the Captain is a super nice guy.   I can’t blame him, this one is on me. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Adam is an OCD kinda guy. Made him good at dropping anchors. Always got on the spot.

Ok. Still, **** him.