Justinj

2020 Saragossa

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

Looking to pick one up for a 9’er. Pros cons?

does this model have the “wobble issue” I never bought the previous gem because of all the nightmares I’ve read about the wobble.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have heard of one wobble... Unable to verify via video or first hand. 

Some have a scratch under the spool. 

Other than that it's an awesome reel.. I dig mine! Virtually the same as the predecessor with some minor improvements.  That infinity drive mumbo jumbo is just a plastic washer.. But I'll be damned.. Sumbich makes a difference.. Or so it seems when cranking under load. 

Will be getting a 14k 

Edited by scoobydoo

4 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

I have heard of one wobble... Unable to verify via video or first hand. 

Some have a scratch under the spool. 

Other than that it's an awesome reel.. I dig mine! Virtually the same as the predecessor with some minor improvements.  That infinity drive mumbo jumbo is just a plastic washer.. But I'll be damned.. Sumbich makes a difference.. Or so it seems when cranking under load. 

Will be getting a 14k 

Scratch under the spool? 
did they get rid of the parallel reel foot?

34 mins ago, Justinj said:

Scratch under the spool? 

Yes.  However, I have knocking when the spool switches direction from up to down and vice versatility of both of my reels.  Much more pronounced than many other reels that I own including the much less expensive BG.  Seems to be a running issue with me.... I had similar issues with the Slammer. 

Other than the knocking issue, very happy with the reel.  Very smooth drag and very light feeling in the cranking as Scooby mentions in his review. 

41 mins ago, Justinj said:

Scratch under the spool? 

Thread on it somewhere....many but not all have a strange what appears to be a scratch under the spool....maybe from when deburred...

Yes

7 mins ago, HKJonathan said:

Yes.  However, I have knocking when the spool switches direction from up to down and vice versatility of both of my reels.  Much more pronounced than many other reels that I own including the much less expensive BG.  Seems to be a running issue with me.... I had similar issues with the Slammer. 

Are you shitting me.....

Mine has a tick...not noticeable when on the water.....

Damn dude....that sucks.....I'd have quit fishing by now

I just ordered the 6000... I’ve never heard of the wobble. I have a few Stradics that I love and. VS on my surf pole.  Just got the 7’6” Heavy action st croix inshore for the Gosa 6000. I hope it’s appropriate for that rod.... and doesn’t wobble!  

Posted (edited) · Report post

I looked everywhere for an in-stock 6000 SWA and can’t find one. Lady at Tackle Direct said they wouldn’t have until next year... anyone know if they can be had now anywhere?

PS: Scooby, love your videos man, great work, thank you. 

Edited by Johnsmyname
PS

8 hours ago, Johnsmyname said:

I looked everywhere for an in-stock 6000 SWA and can’t find one. Lady at Tackle Direct said they wouldn’t have until next year... anyone know if they can be had now anywhere?

PS: Scooby, love your videos man, great work, thank you. 

I got my line from Saltwater Edge. Put my

name down to be notified when they became available. When I spoke to the owner, he told

me his Shimano rep told him they should be available around Thanksgiving but I got my notification just after Labor Day. When I checked the SWE website, they only had two in stock and I grabbed them. 

6 hours ago, ZAFisher said:

Or swapped to conventional reels?

Fortunately, I have many other spinning reels without this issue. It seems to be only the most recent reels where I have this issue (except the BG).  I’ll see if I can post a video of the issue. 

You hear so many good things about this reel but I'd love a breakdown of the scenarios/applications where each size excels and when/where you knew you needed a different size..when should the average fisherman consider each size?  The 5-6-8ks seem to be the most popular for the beach... but when do you know nothing less than the 10-14k will do. It goes without saying the 20-25k are for the biggest toughest fighting fish. 

I have the new 6000 haven’t fished it yet but it’s creamy smooth. Have a 20K on pre order god knows when that’ll show up.