victorjg

Penn Battle III 4000 How big it is?

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

Hi

I'm planning to buy a Penn Battle III 4000, but don't know how really big is. 

I have order by internet other 4000 sizes like Tsunami Shield 4000 and the Okuma Azores 4000 both were returned,  are too small compared with my Daiwa BG 4000 and my Penn Spinfisher Vi 4500.. 

Now this Battle III 4000 compares to the one I have returned or is more biggers like the Daiwa and Spinfisher mentioned? 

Thanks

Victor Garcia

The Battle 4000 (at least the older models, I haven't handled a III) are about the same size as a BG 3000. You want the 5000 size.

What's what l want to know also l do know that with Penn reels once you go beyond 4000 or 4500 they jump up in weight quite a bit.

Posted (edited) · Report post

17 hours ago, Kima said:

The Battle 4000 (at least the older models, I haven't handled a III) are about the same size as a BG 3000. You want the 5000 size.

Is a good option, but they're jump up a lot in weight, I can match a battle 5000 in a 10' black hole to give an example.. its too heavy at least for me, I'm a fisherman with back problems..thats why I'm looking for light weight equipment..

Edited by victorjg

l'm going to be looking at Penn SSVl- lll -BLS 3500 0r 4500 w/MPU no bail reel is about 12.3 oz to use on my 8 and 9ft Lt Med. want to keep hole outfit under 2lbs 

Spec are good for my meads will put 20# Power Pro or 30#. must fish are under 30# that l catch.

InkedPenn ssvi 5400 bls_LI.jpg

I handled a Penn Battle III 5000 last night; same physical size as Daiwa BG4000.  Very smooth action on the new Penn.  The ones I looked at where a special run of blue/white combos.  OH

25653DCF-D9AE-416B-B30C-33F295AD0C06.jpeg

I have a Penn Battle III 4000 on a Penn Carnage II 9' medium-light rod and it is a very sweet combo - the reel is smooth as silk and holds 280-yards of 20-lb braid.

Posted (edited) · Report post

15 hours ago, victorjg said:

What means shimano with composite body? A mix of what? Is metal or not? I'm confuse...

What model?  Carbon fibers and other material they could be quite strong, best is Alum. reel all around.

Edited by LB

35 mins ago, LB said:

What model?  Carbon fibers and other material they could be quite strong, best is Alum. reel all around.

Shimano Nasci 5000 for example... hard to find by the way

4 hours ago, Old Hunter said:

I handled a Penn Battle III 5000 last night; same physical size as Daiwa BG4000.  Very smooth action on the new Penn.  The ones I looked at where a special run of blue/white combos.  OH

25653DCF-D9AE-416B-B30C-33F295AD0C06.jpeg

Battle III 5000 same size as the BG 4000? Really I cannot  believe it.. I thought it was at least a little bigger but not as the BG. I like the 5000 size, what makes me think about it is his weight..the 4000 weight 12.2 oz and the 5000 jumps to 18.8 oz ...

Hi

I found some info. In one web page talking about the similarities and diferrece between the 4000 and the 5000 taking the weight issue apart. 

Penn Battle 4000 Reel – makes an inspiring option for light offshore. It’s a reel capable of fishing shallow reefs, flats and bays for snapper and other reef sports fish. Back inshore, the Battle 4000 will be more than capable in lakes, rivers and enclosed waters for murray cod, barra, fingermark, school jewfish, queenfish and other outsized freshwater or saltwater fish.

Battle 4000 Reels additionally make an excellent choice for light-mid class rock and beach fishing. Fishing for whiting, dart, salmon, tailor, bream, flathead and drummer will be little challenge.

We suggest fishing rod sizes of between 6-7ft for light offshore or 6-8ft for heavy inshore. Many rods rated between 4-10kg will make terrific options for either approach. If surf or rock fishing, go easy and pick rods between 8ft to 10ft 6 inch in length that don line rating up to 5kg. Since the 4000 reel is only medium in physical size, it will balance better on longer rods with a lighter class.

Penn Battle 5000 Reel – represents the same relevance as the size 4000. The only significant difference is line capacity is enhanced. Physical size grade isn’t much larger. Therefore, go by the same suggestions we have provided for the 4000 size in terms of rod choice. Of course, especially if using braided lines you could ramp up the rating of rod you choose to purchase if you need to.

What do you think about this guys? Sound real? If its like this I'm almost decide for the 5000... be more prepare isn't bad..

Thanks 

Victor Garcia