codfish

Top albi lure for 2020

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

On 10/15/2020 at 7:21 PM, Sailah said:

7/8oz Hogy epoxy in electric chicken has caught 95% of my albies this year.  I did catch one on an anchovy color in 5/8oz too.

electric chicken:)

Posted (edited) · Report post

So far this year, I caught one albie on a fly, one albie on a small paddle tail on a jighead, and one albie on a small yo-zuri plug...All of my other several dozen albies I caught this year were on albie snax...so, I'm going with that

Edited by albacized

1 hour ago, albacized said:

So far this year, I caught one albie on a fly, one albie on a small paddle tail on a jighead, and one albie on a small yo-zuri plug...All of my other several dozen albies I caught this year were on albie snax...so, I'm going with that

"I caught this year were on albie snax":):)

I usually only carry two colors, white and pink.  In MTK, white with a hint of chartreuse, was clearly the best color.  I  make my own chartreuse color snax, as this is not a standard color..

2 hours ago, 27conch said:

I usually only carry two colors, white and pink.  In MTK, white with a hint of chartreuse, was clearly the best color.  I  make my own chartreuse color snax, as this is not a standard color..

Just curious How so??:):)

6 hours ago, cweed said:

To the guys catching on Albie snax, any particular color working for u. I've tried them in various colors without success

Amber color if the albies aren't blitzing heavily, white if they are pushing bait and squid up to the surface.

We found Albies off of Monomoy earlier this year and at first, their appearances were spotty at best but they were clearly around. Jigs weren't getting many looks so we threw amber and got hookups pretty readily.

Once the squid in the area were found by the stripers and Albies they were leaping sideways out of the rough waves and getting eaten mid air. The white color produced some epic action for bass and Albies alike.

I think the squid turn white when frightened, and as a bonus it's much easier to see the white snax and work them properly.