bkupmstr

war veterans rod/roll went missing

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

So there is a Korean War veteran that was fishing the south Jetty t at Barnegat inlet yesterday.

he ran back to his car for some gear and when he came back his rod and reel  went missing.

if anyone sees a 8’ Laminglass with a Black and blue Saltist reel please let me know. A few of us are trying to make this right for him

thanks

Disgusting. We live in sick times. I fish that area, I’ll keep an eye open.

Was the rod like in the back of a pickup, visible, or was it just in an unlocked car? Lots of theft been going on this way with stuff being swiped from unlocked cars.

2 hours ago, MattieG said:

Disgusting. We live in sick times. I fish that area, I’ll keep an eye open.

Was the rod like in the back of a pickup, visible, or was it just in an unlocked car? Lots of theft been going on this way with stuff being swiped from unlocked cars.

no, i believe he had left the rod in the spot where he'd been fishing. when he came back it was gone

I’m in contact with Lamiglas and bass pro.  I need to get in contact with who ever is on the point with this topic.  Preferably the vet.  If not then his next in charge.  Things are moving and I need to be able to communicate with him.  Many thanks.

I don’t believe we will recover the rod, so I am just looking to try to replace it for him.  
RC