Quick trip to Portsmouth

Went over Friday morning and went to the bait hole and netted the mullet I would need. Took a ride to check the beach. Conditions looked good with we winds blowing nne around 12-14. Water clarity was good and had high hopes. But the hot bite of the past week had fizzled. Saw a few pups caught but everyone I talked to there said bite was way off. Was hungry after battling Ray's and sharks. So cooked up a couple burgers and ventured all the way up north. Getting Ray's and blues this time. Moved a few feet and threw into the channel where current was ripping and fin as lily found the desired species. Made a couple more casts to only be hit by the tax man so called it a night. More to come later20201009_201452.jpg.93ee5964b4a5a8afe9c8e5368bb7484e.jpg

live everyday as if it is your last, it just might be

Saturday took a drive back to the south end to do some jigging hoping for the success me and a buddy had during late spring with non stop puppy action. But only found out of season flounder and lizard fish. Went back out front and got rays and more flounder. Took a break to eat and chill out. Fished the night bite and had a good run off, but thought I got bit off by a shark. When I reeled in the line, still had everything, including the mullet with no bite marks. Nothing else after that so called it a night. With weather coming in later Sunday with high winds, decided to leave a day earlier. Which glad i did! By the time I got off the ferry, winds were honking out of the south 20-30 with rain heavy at times. Even the ferry operators were surprised how hard the winds were blowing. I just didn't want to get beat up since I'll be back next week. Or maybe It's because I'm getting old:hooked:Anyway on my way back from the north end on Sunday to catch the ferry, did some beach cleaning and came up with 11 balloons, 6 water bottles and a broken frisbie :mad:

Spoiler

live everyday as if it is your last, it just might be