RIP Joe

Rate this topic

CMSTRIPER

Yes that’s the one.  Also the one who compared every team to 5hr reds vintage Mid seventies.  Always gave the impression that 5he reds were the greatest team that had ever put on cleats.  There never existed a team in MLB that's half as good, ever.  Had a high option of those old reds teams.  Guess I am bitter because he swept my beloved Yankees in 76.

26 mins ago, dannyplug1 said:

Yes that’s the one.  Also the one who compared every team to 5hr reds vintage Mid seventies.  Always gave the impression that 5he reds were the greatest team that had ever put on cleats.  There never existed a team in MLB that's half as good, ever.  Had a high option of those old reds teams.  Guess I am bitter because he swept my beloved Yankees in 76.

Me too.

I hated him... in a good baseball way :D

From The Grand State of South Jersey

36 mins ago, dannyplug1 said:

Look what they did to the Sox in 75...and while 76 didn't end well, it did start a string of 3 years of WS appearances, with the Yankees winning the two following WS, after they picked up Reggie Jackson, Catfish Hunter and others

Edited by albacized

12 hours ago, Dieseldog13 said:

Same here. But how did he get to 77. It does not seem that long ago that we were watching him play. 

Seriously !! W T F

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962