sinfish

I dont have probems with waders...just boots

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

I'm not sure how long this stuff should last.  These were brand new this year.  I'm impressed with the laces of all things.  I've said it before.  The outside of all these boots last but it's the insides that fall apart.

IMG_1421.jpg

Edited by sinfish

Salt and sunshine are not good.   Most of these companies are making wading products primarily for sweet water.  

Wading boots certainly don't last long in SW. That being said, are you sure those fit you properly? Looks like damage from your heel/foot rubbing the lining. And do you rinse with FW after each trip?

Edited by C.Robin

30 mins ago, sinfish said:

I'm not sure how long this stuff should last.  These were brand new this year.  I'm impressed with the lases of all things.  I've said it before.  The outside of all these boots last but it's the insides that fall apart.

IMG_1421.jpg

Hmm... for a years use they don't look like they lasted good this season honestly, Ever considered Korkers?

Are you rinsing them off well and keeping them out of the sun? I fill a bucket with water after hosing them down and dunk them a few times. When I was fishing a lot I would still get 3 years or so out of a pair. Typically It would be the lace holders that would give out on me. 

That looks like wear and tear! You could try a thin sock over your booty, or gaiters if sand is the culprit. If your thin ankled, longer laces allow wrapping the boot top snugger. Send that pic to Simms.

Edited by cheech

This is all back bay, no open surf fishing in these this year.  I tried these because the korkers did the same thing.  I know I don't rinse them as much as I should, but like I said, the outside of the boots are holding up great and that's including the laces.  I wish the insides lasted like the outside.

7 hours ago, sinfish said:

I'm not sure how long this stuff should last.  These were brand new this year.  I'm impressed with the laces of all things.  I've said it before.  The outside of all these boots last but it's the insides that fall apart.

IMG_1421.jpg

Don't leave them in the bed of your pickup truck or on the side of your house.. 

Ive seen that exact sort of uv damage many times before... 

1 min ago, scoobydoo said:

Don't leave them in the bed of your pickup truck or on the side of your house.. 

Ive seen that exact sort of uv damage many times before... 

how do you know I have a house and a pickup?

I am guilty of this....plus 127 days

19 mins ago, sinfish said:

how do you know I have a house and a pickup?

I am guilty of this....plus 127 days

Sinfish,

Korkers did the same things.. I have simms G4 now, I'm only a few outings with them, but I want to see if the extra 150$ was worth it.

A couple of things.

1. wash them off

2. take out of truck

3. make sure laces are super loose before you slide your stocking foot waders, the pressure will cause the fabric will rip easily

Also to cut down on the inside ripping avoid suiting up dry. Pre wet the boots and stocking foots. If you fish everyday this is not a problem.

2 seasons is about the max for my korkers. Due for a new pair now.

Here is an old pair that was resurrected several times. Before the inner lining ripped I had the shoe nan replace the upper fabric lace loops with leather. Stitched the liner with some power pro by hand. After the upper part of the boots separated from the sole part. Glued them back together. Haven’t used these for several years.

image.jpg