Mushroom blew up in my yard - Boston

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

For 10 years I've been at this place, never seen mushroom in my yard, until today. I freaking mow the lawn 2 weeks ago and didn't see anything either.


What are these? Edible? Some might have eaten by something already seems.






Edited by foxfai

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ifishthebadspots said:

Not something I would eat for sure.

I would suggest nobody ever use an app like iNat to identify mushrooms you intend to eat.


Truthfully, my feelings are, if you have to ask, DO NOT EAT IT!


Mushroom identification is best done with specimen in hand. Specific criteria like spoor print, odor, habitat and season are usually required. That's best done in person with an experienced teacher but for those that know how to use keys to make identification there are books and websites than can walk you through it step by step.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

you might want to look up ringless honey mushroom,those are pretty poor specimens for eating and ID but that last shot of an intact cap sure looks like one,good eating,just the cap,stem is tough,do a google search on it or go to youtube and look it up

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been pickings mushrooms for years, and I'd never take a chance like that.  I only pick what I know. Like these. 




Edited by bob_G

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.