Branch Covidians

Rate this topic

Flybyme

9 hours ago, Slacker said:

Odds of dying of Covid 19 in the US is 1/1,550 based on current death total.

You mean including the ones that really died of automobile crashes, cancer, heart attack, old age, or any number of other REAL causes of death and just happened to test positive for covid.

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174

10 hours ago, Fishy Fisher said:

Odds of dying from the murder virus: [1 / 9,000 (CDC covid only mortalities) / 330 million (USA population) x 10% (WHO infection estimate) = 0.00027273% incidence of death. ] = 1 in 366,663. 

Odds of Becoming a Lightning Victim 
(based on averages for 2009-2018):

Estimated U.S. population as of 2019: 330,000,000

Average Number of Deaths Reported: 27

Estimated number of Injuries: 243

270 (death + injuries) 

Odds of being struck in a given year (estimated total deaths + estimated injuries): 1/1,222,000

Odds of being struck in your lifetime (Est. 80 years): 1 in 15,300

Source: National Weather Service

Death is a singular lifetime event. You don't understand how to process statistics. 

20 times more likely to be struck by lightning in your lifetime than to die from covid. 

Covid is a hoax. The CDC and now the WHO both agree on that. 

We have 200,000+ Covid related deaths.  If you would not have died when you did, but for contracting Covid, that is a Covid death.

And you are mixing your time measurements... you are using a lifetime for lightning strikes and using the past 10 months for Covid deaths.

7 hours ago, Steve in Mass said:

You mean including the ones that really died of automobile crashes, cancer, heart attack, old age, or any number of other REAL causes of death and just happened to test positive for covid.

Just to see where you are coming from, in your opinion, what did Herman Cain die of?

On 10/11/2020 at 5:43 PM, JoeyZac said:

It's about COVID, not religion.

From what I can tell in the photo, nothing there is stopping the spread of covid...it looks like some sort of cult like ritual  (just as the OP infers). Additionally, while I won't assume all of them were already in some relationship status prior to this, I'm guessing many were probably dating...so what's the point? 

7 mins ago, albacized said:

From what I can tell in the photo, nothing there is stopping the spread of covid...it looks like some sort of cult like ritual  (just as the OP infers). Additionally, while I won't assume all of them were already in some relationship status prior to this, I'm guessing many were probably dating...so what's the point? 

Dating is a code word for effing like rabbits.

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

We have 200,000+ Covid related deaths.  If you would not have died when you did, but for contracting Covid, that is a Covid death.

And you are mixing your time measurements... you are using a lifetime for lightning strikes and using the past 10 months for Covid deaths.

Incorrect on all points. The CDC has confirmed there have only been ~9k covid deaths in the US.

The reason lightning strikes is a lifetime event is because death by covid is a singular lifetime event. You can't die from covid twice and the odds of being struck multiple times by lightning in your lifetime is astronomically high. 

But let's take it your way. The chance of dying from covid is still only 3 times greater than being struck by lightning in any given year. I'm neither worried about being struck by lightning nor dying of the hoax virus. 

Just as a point of interest, the UK actually did go back and revise their covid death numbers for that very reason...That regardless of actual cause of death (up to and including folks killed in automobile accidents), if you contracted the virus, your death was counted as a covid death (I'm not sure if the death and the time the virus was contracted had to occur in some relatively narrow span of time...or if it was off the rails and they could've called it a virus death even if you had been healthy for several months after contracting it)

21 mins ago, Fishy Fisher said:

Incorrect on all points. The CDC has confirmed there have only been ~9k covid deaths in the US.

The reason lightning strikes is a lifetime event is because death by covid is a singular lifetime event. You can't die from covid twice and the odds of being struck multiple times by lightning in your lifetime is astronomically high. 

But let's take it your way. The chance of dying from covid is still only 3 times greater than being struck by lightning in any given year. I'm neither worried about being struck by lightning nor dying of the hoax virus. 

The CDC deaths attributed to Covid-19 are 200,499 as of today.

If you'd like to measure the probability of a lightning strike using an 80 year time frame, I can work with that.  What is the probability of contracting Covid-19 in an 80 year timeframe?  From that we can figure the probability of the case being fatal with some correction factors for age.

I'm not worried about dying of lightning or Covid, either.  But I'm also not gonna stand on the beach with a 12' surf rod in the middle of a lightning storm.

1 min ago, albacized said:

Just as a point of interest, the UK actually did go back and revise their covid death numbers for that very reason...That regardless of actual cause of death (up to and including folks killed in automobile accidents), if you contracted the virus, your death was counted as a covid death (I'm not sure if the death and the time the virus was contracted had to occur in some relatively narrow span of time...or if it was off the rails and they could've called it a virus death even if you had been healthy for several months after contracting it)

Yeah, I think the numbers are off.  But the idea that Covid-19 has only resulted in 9,000 deaths flies in the face of excess mortality data.  It is a bogus talking point.

1 min ago, Slacker said:

Yeah, I think the numbers are off.  But the idea that Covid-19 has only resulted in 9,000 deaths flies in the face of excess mortality data.  It is a bogus talking point.

Right - I seriously doubt the number would drop from 210K to 9K....but I would like to see an effort to clean that up

51 mins ago, albacized said:

Political Correctness, Progs making a statement, Liberal idealism, that's the point.

****ing idiots.

30 mins ago, Fishy Fisher said:

............ I'm neither worried about being struck by lightning nor dying of the hoax virus. 

I have a much higher chance of dying from a lightning strike while out on the water than dying from COVID.  I'm 52 and healthy.  COVID doesn't concern me with regard to my health at all.  It's a 1 on a scale of 1 to 10.

A car accident, skiing accident, boating accident, stabbing by wife incident, cancer (I guess), that's what going to get me.

Not COVID.  People my age and health are basically impervious. to it.

3 mins ago, Slacker said:

I'm not worried about dying of lightning or Covid, either.  But I'm also not gonna stand on the beach with a 12' surf rod in the middle of a lightning storm.

True, but we've had more than a few incidents coming back from a tuna run in July in center console that make lightning strikes a legitimate concern for us.

Fishy Fisher, Little and Steve in Mass are still promoting the idea that Covid 19 is a hoax.

1) If it's a hoax, what did President Trump contract, that put him in Walter Reed? Are he and his doctors part of the hoax?

2) How do you arrange a hoax that goes worldwide, with more than 7 million infections currently known?  Boris Johnson damn near died of it. Is he a secret Democratic agent, cooperating with the hoax?