Raak

Where can I buy cheap 1 to 1.5 jigheads?

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

The spots that I'm fishing in salt water have a lot of rocks and I have been losing a lot of lures. Spots are pretty productive, So I would like to continue fishing this but hate losing my lures to the rocks.

Where can I find cheap 1oz to 1.5oz jigheads? I usually buy from Dick's sporting goods and they cost roughly 3 bucks for a pack of two. Wondering if I can buy in bulk and save a little.

Thanks

Raak

Edited by Raak

33 mins ago, Raak said:

The spots that I'm fishing in salt water have a lot of rocks and I have been losing a lot of lures. Spots are pretty productive, So I would like to continue fishing this but hate losing my lures to the rocks.

Where can I find cheap 1oz to 1.5oz jigheads? I usually buy from Dick's sporting goods and they cost roughly 3 bucks for a pack of two. Wondering if I can buy in bulk and save a little.

Thanks

Raak

make your own:):)

47 mins ago, Raak said:

Thanks

Raak

you can make simular to jig

you need hook and slip sinker and beed's,you can use any weight slip sinker,1/4 oz,you put 4 and you have 1 oz,or 1/2 oz,1 oz slip sinkers and make what you need..put the beed in front of hook,when you ad clevis you can put 5 beeds clevis blade and one beed,you can use any style blades and color.

you can ad clevis and blade.

Edited by snag777

19 mins ago, snag777 said:

you can make simular to jig

you need hook and slip sinker and beed's,you can use any weight slip sinker,1/4 oz,you put 4 and you have 1 oz,or 1/2 oz,1 oz slip sinkers and make what you need..put the beed in front of hook,when you ad clevis you can put 5 beeds clevis blade and one beed,you can use any style blades and color.

you can ad clevis and blade.

I am intrigued by the idea. Any chance you can post a picture of what I am trying to make? I am not familiar with clevis or clevis blade but I feel this is worth a shot since the 1/2 oz sinkers are not that expensive (7 bucks for 40). 

10 mins ago, Raak said:

I am intrigued by the idea. Any chance you can post a picture of what I am trying to make? I am not familiar with clevis or clevis blade but I feel this is worth a shot since the 1/2 oz sinkers are not that expensive (7 bucks for 40). 

search for waleye harnes,blades,clevis.

clevis is loop you slide on line it hold blade,

you can make short harnes 6" long

use mono # test what you need.

1 take 12" mono tie on hook

2 slide one beed on

3 slide slip sinker on

4 slide 5 beeds 8 mm size any color combination

5  slide on clevis with blade,

6 slide on one beed

7  ty loop at end

you hook that up to main line like lure with clip.

23 hours ago, Raak said:

Thanks

Raak

At 3 dollars for a 2 pack how much cheaper do you think they can be?  Cheap bucktails means cheap hooks.  Your fish of a lifetime will be lost for sure.  You get what you pay for.

That's a good point. The price of the products usually goes up as the marketing efforts increase, placing products in branded stores, etc. So I guess my curiosity is more towards, whether there are jig makers out there who are selling directly to the consumer, avoiding all the channels in the marketing and sales processes that take a cut from them.

11 mins ago, Raak said:

That's a good point. The price of the products usually goes up as the marketing efforts increase, placing products in branded stores, etc. So I guess my curiosity is more towards, whether there are jig makers out there who are selling directly to the consumer, avoiding all the channels in the marketing and sales processes that take a cut from them.

Contact Dan Tinman who has been contributing to this thread.  

23 mins ago, Raak said:

the cheepest solution is buy 1000  good quality hooks,slip sinkers,beeds and make the harnes,it wil work same like jig.

there is no cheep any more,you have to make that yourself.you can use any style hooks,jig hooks or regular hooks,i would tie buck tail on hook.

if you like to use only jigs,you have to make them your own.

when the gass was $4 post ofice rise shiping to $9 for 70 lb box,

now the gass is $2 and they rise the price to $29.

they increase they salarie and benefits to get the money overcharge people for there benefits.****ing scam.and goverment give them 29 bilion,for what ? for scaming people.

the shiping kill all good price.

you get packige from china for free and you have to pay shiping in usa $20.****ing scam.

you have to buy lead $ 2 lb, mold $40,melting pot $60.

when you pour do that only outside,not in the garage or house.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 11:12 AM, Raak said:

Thanks

Raak

walmart,if they have anything fishing.

HH

On 10/11/2020 at 11:12 AM, Raak said:

Thanks

Raak

6 hours ago, Captain Ahab said:

Dan Tinman right here on SOL.  check the commercial bst

Looks like he's buying jig heads at or less than Dan's material cost

47 mins ago, DZ said:

Contact Dan Tinman who has been contributing to this thread.  

Looks like he's buying jig heads at or less than Dan's material cost

1 hour ago, Dan Tinman said:

At 3 dollars for a 2 pack how much cheaper do you think they can be?  Cheap bucktails means cheap hooks.  Your fish of a lifetime will be lost for sure.  You get what you pay for.

:eek:  :laugh: