Eeeeels

Plug bag insert rebuild

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I need to make a new set of inserts for my Surfcaster plug bag. I priced the new ones from the manufacture and to me it’s insanely too much money. 

So I have to do it myself. Anybody got any experience doing this. I know it’s pretty straight forward but there are always the unseen mistakes. 
Thanks in advance.

image.jpg

Me too! I use mostly smaller lures so years ago I made the inserts out of plano 6 compartment boxes as described in the fisherman mag. They don't make those anymore. I use shampoo bottles etc in my 5 gallon bucket

3 hours ago, Eeeeels said:

I need to make a new set of inserts for my Surfcaster plug bag. I priced the new ones from the manufacture and to me it’s insanely too much money. 

So I have to do it myself. Anybody got any experience doing this. I know it’s pretty straight forward but there are always the unseen mistakes. 
Thanks in advance.

image.jpg

Couple options....u can convert that to a 6 tube round for 50 bucks....u can cut pvc gutter pipe for 12 bucks....u can buy lexan at lowes and make those all again with  epoxy and tools with dado cuts at 1/8" but its tedious....respect on the bomber confidence

just fined plastick container what will fill the demiged slot,cut the top off and push that in.

you can use hevy bendable plastick and fit exacly as it was and use glue..