fishweewee

US seizes 92 pro-Biden websites owned by Iran

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

From Washington Free Beacon.

2020 ELECTION

U.S. Seizes 92 Websites Run by Iranian Intel Services

Adam Kredo - OCTOBER 8, 2020 10:15 AM

The Department of Justice on Wednesday seized the domain names of 92 websites that it says Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps was using to spread propaganda and disinformation to American audiences.

Iran and the IRGC used these websites to "spread propaganda covertly" and "sow discord" among the American public ahead of the 2020 presidential elections, according to John Demers, assistant attorney general for national security. Iran has spent great resources trying to influence the election in favor of Democratic challenger Joe Biden, and its operation of these websites violates U.S. sanctions.

At least four of these websites were set up to appear as news outlets. They were, however, actually controlled by the IRGC, Iran's paramilitary fighting force responsible for conducting cyber operations on the Islamic Republic's behalf. This behavior violates the Foreign Agents Registration Act, which mandates that foreign governments disclose their activities in the United States. Visitors to these websites will now only see a Department of Justice notice about the domain name seizure.

Internet and technology giant Google assisted the Trump administration in its investigation, according to FBI special agent in charge John Bennett.

"This case is a perfect example of why the FBI San Francisco Division prioritizes maintaining an ongoing relationship with a variety of social media and technology companies," Bennett said in a statement. "These relationships enable a quick exchange of information to better protect against threats to the nation's security and our democratic processes."

They are really pulling out all the stops I see. Hurry. Hurry. Running out of time for a major Biden scandal before the election. Doesn’t seem like the behavior of a side that thinks they win in a landslide. No

2 mins ago, Tailslap said:

They are really pulling out all the stops I see. Hurry. Hurry. Running out of time for a major Biden scandal before the election. Doesn’t seem like the behavior of a side that thinks they win in a landslide. No

Look everyone! It's Mr. Down the Middle guy! 

1 min ago, Tailslap said:

I bet Trump is wiretapping Biden, using the intelligence agencies to spy on everyone in the Biden orbit.

Obama showed the way. Hillary had it in the bag, yet Obama spied on Trump anyway.

Using your superior logic, why did Obama spy on Trump when Hillary was a shoo in?

Just now, Mokes said:

Look everyone! It's Mr. Down the Middle guy! 

It’s better than  **** off. I’ll take it. I think we might be starting to bond. 

1 min ago, dena said:

I bet Trump is wiretapping Biden, using the intelligence agencies to spy on everyone in the Biden orbit.

Obama showed the way. Hillary had it in the bag, yet Obama spied on Trump anyway.

Using your superior logic, why did Obama spy on Trump when Hillary was a shoo in?

Like I said. He better hurry the f up. Running out of time. 

Just now, Tailslap said:

Is it illegal or not?

At least Iran is/was using the money Joe/Barry sent them to help their benefactor. They are loyal to those that helped them.

I bet they wonder how many more pallets of cash Joe will send them if they sway some votes.

Edited by dena

18 mins ago, Tailslap said:

It’s better than  **** off. I’ll take it. I think we might be starting to bond. 

The only way you'll ever "bond" with an American is if they accidently step in you.

2 mins ago, RockRonin said:

The only way you'll ever "bond" with an American is if they accidently step in you.

Do you mind staying out of a moment me and Mokes were having........thanks 

Edited by Tailslap