Trump and COVID, Your Simple Opinion?

Rate this topic

JoeyZac

So this is going to be simple.  Trump, COVID, Words, and Deeds.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best, what is your opinion on Trump's leadership and actions with regard to his "words" about COVID, and his "deeds" about COVID.

"Words" should include his demeanor, actual words, and example.  What he said, what he wore, where he went, his overall example for the public.

"Deeds" should include things he actually did, from shutdowns, to travel bans, to organization behind the scenes.

I think "words and deeds" should be sufficient to give us an overall idea of how YOU think he has done.

So for example, you post could look like the following:

Deeds - 9

Words - 2

And then some blah blah blah about why you feel that way.

So, whether your a Trumpster or an anti, what do YOU think about his performance?

5........I feel 6 is the highest the leader of a democratic republic could get....

10 being a militarized lockdown.  

States dropped the ball...different agencies made errors...Trump got the ball rolling early......I wish he didn't play it down as much as he did during the speculative phase.  I wish he and staff wore a mask.....that wasn't the hill to die on.

I think he made mistakes in what he's said and actions.

I don't know if his decisions and actions were flawless...if it would have made much of a difference balancing the economy and population.....It's interesting....

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

Words and deed 2 or 1 maybe zero

we are way behind the rest of the advanced economies of the world. We had the benefit of time and immense public resources 

Trump couldnt coach a little league soccer team nor run a lemonade stand 

he put his VP I charge and a large part of the administration got it. 

the New England Journal of Medicine game him a similar score 

9 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

5........I feel 6 is the highest the leader of a democratic republic could get....

10 being a militarized lockdown.  

States dropped the ball...different agencies made errors...Trump got the ball rolling early......I wish he didn't play it down as much as he did during the speculative phase.  I wish he and staff wore a mask.....that wasn't the hill to die on.

I think he made mistakes in what he's said and actions.

I don't know if his decisions and actions were flawless...if it would have made much of a difference balancing the economy and population.....It's interesting....

^This.  But if 6 is as high as the leader of a democratic republic could get, I'm gonna give him a 3. 

He has regularly stepped on the message coming out of his own administration resulting in their efforts being less successful than they might have been.  Probably any President of our lifetime could have handled this better.

words: 1

deeds: 5

imo, words and deeds are not a true dichotomy. For example, is undermining trust in fauci words or a deed?

My biggest problem with trump's deeds is how late he established testing for european passengers to the US arriving from hotspots. Despite his rhetoric on the issue, I have anecdotal evidence: my daughter was studying abroad last march in madrid, the infection rate was  completely out of control, she was advised to come home by her college, she arrived jfk and not one person on her flight was tested. 

I think the best thing trump has done is around accelerating the search for a vaccine. I don't feel he gets enough credit from the liberal or conservative media for his initiative. 

In terms of words...well, there's too much to detail but I'll never forget how bad his briefings were and the way he forced scientists  and other presenters to compliment his efforts. IMO, completely cringeworthy. 

I don't think america is well-served with either candidate, I'd have preferred a moderate rep or dem although I'd vote for pence over biden. I am willing to discount the shape of the economy now, it's  sure not trump's fault we got hit with a black swan.

Most of my friends that are voting for trump are willing to overlook his words in favor of his deeds. It will probably be a game time decision for me...

Edited by quietdesperation

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

^This.  But if 6 is as high as the leader of a democratic republic could get, I'm gonna give him a 3. 

He has regularly stepped on the message coming out of his own administration resulting in their efforts being less successful than they might have been.  Probably any President of our lifetime could have handled this better.

I originally thought the same......but over time some of what he's opposed came to fruition.......

And look at the leaders of the nations largest population centers hit the hardest that directly opposed what his message was early.  Trump downplayed it to prevent panic...while attempting to isolate the country from importing the bug....In the face of his opposition calling his actions racist and xenophobic which gobbled up 1000 hours on all the networks.   All while his opposition literally asked for the people they directly govern to go to movies and restaraunts.

Looking back at everything that's transpired.  It's pretty clear his stance was slow the spread.......so healthcare systems can keep up.....with a balance between preventing irreparably damaging the economy  and avoiding mass casualties due to flooding hospitals.

If the goal was to save every single life he failed.(that's impossible in a free country)..if his goal was to prevent a complete economic collapse he gets a b so far...(many industries large and small are booming)....move the goal posts in lives saved relating it to total deaths vs cdc predictions  (and we all know the death number is juiced......)  

Did he really do that poorly of a job?

Look at the states that went about it the most aggressively.....they still mass outbreaks early...and then later on.  

All were happy to receive aid.....happy to be on camera 7 days a week.....happy to criticize the pres......but did a **** job.

Typing this as I am looking at 400$ in fines for ez pass tolls which I never received a letter from ezpass...but I have from their collection company...because they shut down the quarter suckers and booths

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims