pakalolo

LIGHTS ON THE BEACH (again)

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

13 hours ago, ooeric said:

If its dark or pitch black on the beach.

My lights are on for visibility, I dont care about you think.

Reds, ambers, whites, on person or on car. Just something.

My vehicle, my safety, I will use headlights, lighters, headlamps, flashlights, ground lights, spotters when I see fit.

Who gives anyone the right to tell me not use or turn off my lights?

Deal with it, swallow it, and shutup.

If you want it dark, and afraid of all headlights or lamps, go fish at night with sunglasses on. You do you, I do me.

Seriously, dont tell others to not use their lights. 

If they cant see well in the dark, do you expect them to drive or fish blind for your sake?

Worse yet, god forbid they run into someone because neither uses lights.

Grow up.

The beach is not only for you to use.You a

You really should fish in the daylight as mentioned, a lot less scarier. 

You are what is referenced as an inconsiderate self centered fisherman. Disliked by many, respected by none.

Use lights as needed for safety, respect others. Post's like that is like dropping your pants and showing something that is embarrassing....just sayin.

Edited by Surfratiam

you can call me inconsiderate, i can do the same right back.

its a two way argument on both sides. thats why i said, suck it up and deal with it.

i voice my own opinion and if its considered dropping my pants?  so be it, if you want to think that way.
ill think of your opinions the same way.  no big deal.

Got a nice bass before the 6am Roll out of bed crowd showed up....  idk what was worse the boats blasting out of the inlet or dune buggy’s with Chinese lanterns blasting 

On 10/17/2020 at 1:53 PM, ooeric said:

you can call me inconsiderate, i can do the same right back.

its a two way argument on both sides. thats why i said, suck it up and deal with it.

i voice my own opinion and if its considered dropping my pants?  so be it, if you want to think that way.
ill think of your opinions the same way.  no big deal.

There is no “argument “ when it comes to lights on the beach. It’s wrong on multiple levels  , inconsiderate is first on the list. Fish in daylight and don’t f it up for those you come in contact with in the dark. 

13 hours ago, pakalolo said:

There is no “argument “ when it comes to lights on the beach. It’s wrong on multiple levels  , inconsiderate is first on the list. Fish in daylight and don’t f it up for those you come in contact with in the dark. 

I love this ^

Too many lights at night for sure 

Never have seen a headlamp burner who really knew what they were doing.  Even if you take the fish out of the equation, getting acclimated to the dark takes around 30 minutes.  There is plenty out there to see that will help you catch fish.

These points of etiquette that used to be widely accepted are no longer honored by the new crowd.  We used to be able to escape this kind of behavior at night 

Edited by Bluetaildragger

5 hours ago, carznfish said:

Overly annoyed light guy and guy annoyed you are catching on a 3.99 rebel swimmer when hes throwing $80 wood like to hang out together

and make up excuses and blame everybody else why they are not catching.

On 10/10/2020 at 0:23 PM, pakalolo said:

OK , this happens every year around this time. There is NO REASON to ride the beach with your headlights on, especially your f'ing brites!!!! Go slow , use the parking lights and for the love of God don't ever shine your headlights on anyone fishing!! Also , there's no reason to use a million candle power headlamp while casting . A small red light is all that's necessary , face away from the water if you have to unhook a fish or re-tie. With the "run" in full force and the Columbus Day weekend upon us it seems that the **** factor is through the roof. 3 AM and still idiots with hi beams . Thanks.

It’s non stop every night it seems. 

anyone else have reptiles or home aquariums and see how fish/herps react to white light vs black lights or red light..... nuff said.

if youre fishing the rocky cove, an inlet or boulder field that has a parking lot behind it and some asshat rolls up with high beams on the water those staging bass aren't going to feed for awhile until they figure out if its day night or whatever.....

Edited by GarbageFish
i was giving away free advice

18 hours ago, GarbageFish said:

anyone else have reptiles or home aquariums and see how fish/herps react to white light vs black lights or red light..... nuff said.

if youre fishing the rocky cove, an inlet or boulder field that has a parking lot behind it and some asshat rolls up with high beams on the water those staging bass aren't going to feed for awhile until they figure out if its day night or whatever.....

The whole red vs white light is mostly because it won't ruing your night vision rather than being correlated to how fish react.

Although red light will be absorbed by water completely at a shallower depth than a normal colored headlamp will, it will still penetrate into any shallow water area

Edited by Bluetaildragger