pakalolo

LIGHTS ON THE BEACH (again)

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

11 mins ago, Surfratiam said:

Maybe shut down all beach riding and just walk the beach. That would solve the light problem. 

Yep, because it would also solve the people problem. :)

36 mins ago, bdowning said:

Yep, because it would also solve the people problem. :)

You never seen a team of miners?  The light has to be on all night, for safety of course.

A few years ago fishing an outflow there was an asshat fishing to opposite side who decided to light us up with his brutes. A friend of mine put a 3 oz bucktail into his grill from across the cut , a good conversation starter about lights at night. 

People and lights on the beach it’s comical. Guys walking with headlight on wow. Guys trucks on the beach fishing with the lights on the whole time.  So much more I’ve seen this year than the last 5 put together. It’s seems people are scared of the dark. Not using light for safety reasons. I’ve always had great night vision Lights never get used. 

Sorry but I value my beach buggy more than the sea robin you might miss out on. Until you can guarantee no firewood or fire pits or just 6x6 holes dug and not filled up by family's not fishing then the headlights will be on at night while driving on the beach. My advice if you don't like the headlights is to fish somewhere that is not drive on. Most LI drive on beaches are right next to beach's that are not drive on. Literally 50ft away and NO HEADLIGHTS!!!!!!!

Posted (edited) · Report post

If I see one more Honda CR-V Toyota Highlander Honda Elememt Subaru crosstrek   Hyundai Santa Fe buried to the chassis abandoned  and blocking access..:. Imma scrap your catalytic converter to buy bucktails. 

Edited by GarbageFish

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 7:50 AM, cheech said:

Keep your back to the sand and your face to the water! Problem solved.

Not talking about peoples lights, its about buggys. Problem remains.

On 10/10/2020 at 0:23 PM, pakalolo said:

OK , this happens every year around this time. There is NO REASON to ride the beach with your headlights on, especially your f'ing brites!!!! Go slow , use the parking lights and for the love of God don't ever shine your headlights on anyone fishing!! Also , there's no reason to use a million candle power headlamp while casting . A small red light is all that's necessary , face away from the water if you have to unhook a fish or re-tie. With the "run" in full force and the Columbus Day weekend upon us it seems that the **** factor is through the roof. 3 AM and still idiots with hi beams . Thanks.

This is the dumbest crap I have ever heard. Shocking that the judiciously applied forum rules dictating members do not advocate other members break the law not being enforced here of course. 

Driving on the beach at night without your headlights on is stupid, dangerous and against the law. Not to mention very debatable about how it affects fishing or how long it affects fishing.   

If you need some help catching on the east end, send me a PM and i'll help you out.  The striped bass fishing could not have been any easier or more productive over the last month.  Maybe not for you though LOL.  

Buh buh buh but all the googans with the headlights blah blah.....Try to act like you have actually caught fish before and stop making up excuses.:clown:

Its always amateur hour once all the people checking passes are gone and anyone can drive out on the beach pretty much. But I will say it fills me with joy when I see people who have no intention of  fishing stuck in a Mercedes out by the breezy jetty. As for the lights I think whoever said that the message will not get to the right people on here was pretty much dead on. One thing that people don't understand is when they put on the Fenways to change their lure or tie a leader, they just killed their own night vision and have to re-adjust to the dark. Keep the reds on and you'll never lose your natural low light vision!

I left earlier than the rest of my buddies the other night. Thought I’d be respectful and back down the beach in the dark before pointing away from them and then turning my head lights on. Backed into a massive hole. Experience got me out with out having to get out of my truck but I still had a chuckle.  

Earlier in the year I yelled at who I thought was another fisherman with their headlamp beaming on to our spot and about to crash our party. We were wading pretty far out so I yelled - “turn your ****ing light off”. They responded - “police”. Apparently a Covid transplant thought we were trespassing. We weren’t, cop new that. Never got out of the water. 

Ok, I mostly agree with the original poster on this one. Driving with the lowest light (low beams, parking lights, fog lights, whatever you want to call it) is the MOST APPROPRIATE, RESPECTFUL way to do it. However, there are times that driving with regular running lights is needed, or appropriate, and I would never hate on someone for driving this way at all. Now, people who drive with high beams on, they are being scumbags, or just ignorant to others around them, which still makes them scumbags... if they were stuck, I'd keep driving, but thats about it. And finally, there is the worst of the worst, the million candle power spot beams / KC lights / lightbar / etc people. Anyone driving down the beach with all that crap on, making the beach daylight, deserves to be killed on site. They are worthless human garbage. I can specifically think of some POS in a Ford Raptor on Gilgo that comes to mind. Please extinguish your life, thanks.