pakalolo

LIGHTS ON THE BEACH (again)

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

OK , this happens every year around this time. There is NO REASON to ride the beach with your headlights on, especially your f'ing brites!!!! Go slow , use the parking lights and for the love of God don't ever shine your headlights on anyone fishing!! Also , there's no reason to use a million candle power headlamp while casting . A small red light is all that's necessary , face away from the water if you have to unhook a fish or re-tie. With the "run" in full force and the Columbus Day weekend upon us it seems that the **** factor is through the roof. 3 AM and still idiots with hi beams . Thanks.

There is no solution, tolerate it and carry on. In their defense, I had a vehicle that the only way to shut the headlights off was to put the emergency brake on just a little bit. Well, other than using the EB for that purpose only, a few years later when I went to  NJ Inspection, they put the brake on and it seized right in their inspection line.

Had to get it towed and it cost me $$$ to fix, mechanic said the ER pads were disintegrated and the cable was stretched? Anyway if I have to put the EB on anymore, my lights will be on, other wise parking lights or sometimes fog lights if the visibility is off. I want others seeing me too. And sometimes the little darling teens like to dig holes big enough and deep enough to fit a small SUV.

The main object is stay as far away from the water as possible with no direct light towards the water, it will never happen. Good luck.

7 mins ago, carznfish said:

Fog lights are great until you drive into a crater that some dickwadd digs and doesnt fill in 50 yards from the water line 

this ^

If you’re going slow you will see it in time. It just pisses me off being blinded by some idiot’s lights or having a bite shut down by another idiot pulling up and facing the surf with lights on or rolling down the beach lights blazing then stopping , leaving the lights on and gearing up with all the interior lights on , then strapping on a million candle power headlamp and strolling down to the edge and fishing with the damn thing on. Fishing the creature hours used to eliminate this for the most part but for some reason it’s now ax hole season. Rant over , 

Unfortunately, the right people probably aren't receiving your message here. I don't even have drive on beaches near me, yet I would think this is common sense. I could understand using your low beans if you see a ditch or something else coming, but brights is insane.

8 hours ago, pakalolo said:

If you’re going slow you will see it in time. It just pisses me off being blinded by some idiot’s lights or having a bite shut down by another idiot pulling up and facing the surf with lights on or rolling down the beach lights blazing then stopping , leaving the lights on and gearing up with all the interior lights on , then strapping on a million candle power headlamp and strolling down to the edge and fishing with the damn thing on. Fishing the creature hours used to eliminate this for the most part but for some reason it’s now ax hole season. Rant over , 

Tried that. Some kid's punji trap took ouf my catalytic converter.  Not doing that again.

All the light bars and High beams couldn’t save the 8 trucks I saw buried tonight... road was block so I posted up and tossed jigs

2ED453D7-94A9-41FA-A9EB-4EBEBCED9DF7.jpeg

Too many holes on the beach. Sometimes kids dig huge holes in the middle of the "road". Usually happens over the weekend. 

I also try to make a mental note of where people make unauthorized bonfires. See them on the way in but there is rarely anyone there on my way out. Some people just bury the fire. Don't want to run over that. 

I can't drive on a road with streetlights with my parking lights on..let alone a beach.

Some people just have horrible night vision.  Especially contact lens wearers...(that slight light blue tint tht allows you to see them in the dish...blocks light)

People lighting up fishermen yeah...that sucks.

I'm pretty much over the whole headlamps on the water thing....been testing that for a few years fresh and salt......zero difference.....I've lit up almost 30" walleye and caught  a few casts later......catfish prowling the flats waking in inches of water......stripers..hybrids stipers....large and smallmouth bass.....etc..

I don't do it if others are around...but I don't care if I do it.

15 hours ago, Highlander1 said:

There is no solution, tolerate it and carry on. In their defense, I had a vehicle that the only way to shut the headlights off was to put the emergency brake on just a little bit. Well, other than using the EB for that purpose only, a few years later when I went to  NJ Inspection, they put the brake on and it seized right in their inspection line.

Had to get it towed and it cost me $$$ to fix, mechanic said the ER pads were disintegrated and the cable was stretched? Anyway if I have to put the EB on anymore, my lights will be on, other wise parking lights or sometimes fog lights if the visibility is off. I want others seeing me too. And sometimes the little darling teens like to dig holes big enough and deep enough to fit a small SUV.

The main object is stay as far away from the water as possible with no direct light towards the water, it will never happen. Good luck.

You may be able to install a daytime running light relay in your vehicle, I believe it reduces brightness 85%. I now reside in Canada where it is a legal requirement and therefore I did so when I "imported" my US truck. Very inexpensive. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Last weekend fishing and a truck with the light bars rides on and lights up the ocean 1:00 am. 
He had some truck trouble and turned around and left the beach. Good for him. 
Vehicles with their lights on parking lights on, lights to ocean way to often. 
Infuriates me. Zero respect for others.....or just plain stupid. 
I have a on Outback and the fog lights are perfect for the beach. 
Had an Outlander and installed lights for riding the beach. 
And the clowns casting with their headlights on.....not inconsiderate....just oblivious and lacking brain cells. 
Maybe shut down all beach riding and just walk the beach. That would solve the light problem. 

Edited by Surfratiam

4 mins ago, Surfratiam said:

Last weekend fishing and a truck with the light bars rides on and lights up the ocean 1:00 am. 
He had some truck trouble and turned around and left the beach. Good for him. 
Vehicles with their lights on parking lights on, lights to ocean way to often. 
Infuriates me. Zero respect for others.....or just plain stupid. 
I have a on Outback and the fog lights are perfect for the beach. 
Had an Outlander and installed lights for riding the beach. 
And the clowns casting with their headlights on.....not inconsiderate....just oblivious and lacking brain cells. 
Maybe shut down all beach riding and just walk the beach. That would solve the light problem. 

Yea seeing these guys casting with their strong head lights on just blow my mind....