lurejunkie00

Pork rind ??

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I still am horsing my last 12 bottles of Uncle Josh Pork Rind but I need to add some liquid to some of the bottles.  Is it just salt & water or is there a secret ingredient? 

I always use kosha salt and water with the pork skins, squid and clams to preserve them.. Then I use an over salt saturated solution to preserve and toughen up spearing, bunker and blood worms...

I have a bottle of Uncle Josh that cracked in my bag, all the fluid leaked out....     Been keeping them in a saturated salt solution for over a year now.    So far so good 

4 hours ago, sytheteacher said:

I always use kosha salt and water with the pork skins, squid and clams to preserve them.. Then I use an over salt saturated solution to preserve and toughen up spearing, bunker and blood worms...

That works on Bunker?  Do the fish eat it salted?  Everyone always says to use fresh.  

30 mins ago, Birdsnester said:

That works on Bunker?  Do the fish eat it salted?  Everyone always says to use fresh.  

Bunker usually gets mushy but when it is salted down and placed in a brine solution it will stay tuff  and and stay on the hook..

28 mins ago, sytheteacher said:

Bunker usually gets mushy but when it is salted down and placed in a brine solution it will stay tuff  and and stay on the hook..

Do fish eat it?

19 mins ago, sytheteacher said:

Where I fish there are people who catch them for food.. I use Bunker for bait...

lol what I am asking is, does salted Bunker work for bait?  I’ve never heard of anyone salting and using it.  

1 min ago, Birdsnester said:

lol what I am asking is, does salted Bunker work for bait?  I’ve never heard of anyone salting and using it.  

I salt them down and then freeze them in a brine solution.. Then usually a day before I want to use them I defrost them in the refrigerator...