evan1

WTB beginner fly tying vise

9 posts in this topic

Looking to get into fly tying this winter and figured I'd check here first before buying new. Looking for an entry level vise that doesn't completely suck. Thanks! 

1 hour ago, evan1 said:

Looking to get into fly tying this winter and figured I'd check here first before buying new. Looking for an entry level vise that doesn't completely suck. Thanks! 

check out new jans netcraft tolido ohio,good prize.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 6:21 AM, evan1 said:

I have a Regal rotating head C-clamp, regular jaws, that is in great shape that needs re-homed.  $115 shipped in the USA.  Once you start tying, a beginner vise won't be acceptable, and you'll want a vise that holds good-sized hooks, like 2/0, well.  Beginner vises won't do that; this vise well.  The ability to just pull the lever handle and insert a size 1 hook or a 2/0 hook or a size 10 hook, without making any adjustments, is soooo convenient.  I just happen to have two of these, and don't "need" two. 

2 mins ago, richarde206 said:

I have a Regal rotating head C-clamp, regular jaws, that is in great shape that needs re-homed.  $115 shipped in the USA.  Once you start tying, a beginner vise won't be acceptable, and you'll want a vise that holds good-sized hooks, like 2/0, well.  Beginner vises won't do that; this vise well.  The ability to just pull the lever handle and insert a size 1 hook or a 2/0 hook or a size 10 hook, without making any adjustments, is soooo convenient.  I just happen to have two of these, and don't "need" two. 

Well, I guess never mind to evan1, as I just noticed you made another posting on October 20 where you note you just got your new vise and materials.  So, this Regal offer is available to whomever is looking for a lifetime quality vise at a great price.

Edited by richarde206