FoliFish

Chunk Fishing Questions

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

I chunked the canal for years. Only time I used a light was to tie on a hook. A small pocket light at that, the same light I carry today, and not  one these 5m watts lights you see these days.  Maybe a lot of guys are afraid of the dark. 

1 hour ago, bob_G said:

I chunked the canal for years. Only time I used a light was to tie on a hook. A small pocket light at that, the same light I carry today, and not  one these 5m watts lights you see these days.  Maybe a lot of guys are afraid of the dark. 

.......and did you turn your back to the water when you used your light?

The best is when walking by and they want to ask “how ya doin’?  Any bites?” With their 1,000,000 candle power headlamps blasting me in the face.  
At  least they’re courteous.  They like to check on me and make sure I’m okay by lighting me up with said headlamps  every 10 minutes....from 50-75 yards away.  
It’s All good...first world problems lol

That said, if you’re out (chunkin’ or pluggin’) be courteous to other anglers and turn the lights off until you need them...please :)

11 mins ago, FoliFish said:

That said, if you’re out (chunkin’ or pluggin’) be courteous to other anglers and turn the lights off until you need them...please :)

...........or, unless you already use a red night light, take the extra step of going to a Dollar Store or Wally World and and spend a few bucks and buy some translucent red cellophane wrap. 

Double or triple the cello, cover the lens of the flash light, wrap a few elastic bands around it to keep it attached.

Your fellow fisherman will be most appreciative.    

BTW...I wasn’t singling our chunk fishermen as I’ve seen it from everyone.  Just so happens a spot I traveled to last night (and a few times this season) is always lit up by headlamps in bait guys.

5 mins ago, FoliFish said:

BTW...I wasn’t singling our chunk fishermen as I’ve seen it from everyone.  Just so happens a spot I traveled to last night (and a few times this season) is always lit up by headlamps in bait guys.

You still fishin? 

Getting zapped in the eyes at night is the worst, especially if you are adjusted to the dark and are not using a light. I always try to keep my headlamp aimed down away from folks eyes if I'm using my headlamp.