surfamerica

Breton Point Park

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, surfamerica said:

Not familiar with this area. Any striper fishing info on this area ( NON SARCASTIC ).  Thanks.

Do a search on here since you are likely to not get info on a SPECIFIC location as that is not permitted here.

38 mins ago, DEM Parking Lot said:

Great area to fish but a little dangerous.  Wear your biggest spikes possible.

Yes, this ^^^ And a super tight belt. 

I think people underestimate how dangerous Ocean Dr is. I know I did when I first started fishing it. The water moves really fast with a lot of volume when it crashes over the reef and rushes towards shore. I’ve fished Jamestown and Gansett my whole life and I think Ocean Drive is just as dangerous. Sneaky dangerous....

I second what everyone else is saying here, its a very flat area to fish from shore, lots of rocks but they are flat which lets the water sneak up from behind you, next thing you know your surrounded. In some of the worst weather, that area has the biggest waves incredible to watch. As far as fishing I caught one of my biggest shore stripers on accident there when  fishing for Tog w/ green crabs cut,  the 42'' striper took the crabs, had no clue what it was until I took it all the way in.  Be prepared to lose gear if you fish from there though, much like Jamestown there are lots of hidden rocks that love to snag your gear.  Send me a PM and we can talk more on the area

3 hours ago, rbart said:

Yes, this ^^^ And a super tight belt. 

I think people underestimate how dangerous Ocean Dr is. I know I did when I first started fishing it. The water moves really fast with a lot of volume when it crashes over the reef and rushes towards shore. I’ve fished Jamestown and Gansett my whole life and I think Ocean Drive is just as dangerous. Sneaky dangerous....

^^ This

Hate to be that guy, and not trying to sound rude, but... Brenton point is no different than any point in RI (or the country for that matter) it’s lights-out some times and graveyard- status another time... best way to find out? ... you guessed it... hit the water! :deadhorse:

And ditto on the danger zone... “rogue” waves are common place. I consider myself pretty savvy on the rocks... but I’v been laid out there twice... both times from behind... :blackeye: if hittin rough water, spikes Are a must. Buddy-system recommended... (just my 2c) 

good luck out there!