Stryper Snyper

Wading boot color?

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

I look at wading boot color like sunglass lens color

Different colors for different conditions.

It's currently fall.....the leaves are starting to change.....So I like to use a red brown and yellow boot......Come november.....when all leaves are dead and brown.....I go with a brown chota boot.....This is why they call it the steelheader for the fall and winter runs..

When it's snowy out I use the Korker StormTrooper limited edition boot.  (also a great night time float tubing boot to break up your silouette.

Spring time is pretty easy....When waters are run high and brown I like to match the water quality with a darker brown boot..... 

That brings up my next point.....And why the Chota Steelheader is so versatile...it's light brown when dry....but darkens up nicely when soaked.....

Another thing I discovered this past summer....

I was getting tons of bites with chartruese tailed baits.....black and chart...purple and chart......I picked up a pair of Black and Chartruese Hodgeman Aesis boots.......and drew more strikes up close in my float tube than previously.......

If your waters are tannin stained you may want to go with a reddish brown...Danner makes a nice boot for that.

On 10/10/2020 at 10:49 PM, scoobydoo said:

I look at wading boot color like sunglass lens color

Different colors for different conditions.

It's currently fall.....the leaves are starting to change.....So I like to use a red brown and yellow boot......Come november.....when all leaves are dead and brown.....I go with a brown chota boot.....This is why they call it the steelheader for the fall and winter runs..

When it's snowy out I use the Korker StormTrooper limited edition boot.  (also a great night time float tubing boot to break up your silouette.

Spring time is pretty easy....When waters are run high and brown I like to match the water quality with a darker brown boot..... 

That brings up my next point.....And why the Chota Steelheader is so versatile...it's light brown when dry....but darkens up nicely when soaked.....

Another thing I discovered this past summer....

I was getting tons of bites with chartruese tailed baits.....black and chart...purple and chart......I picked up a pair of Black and Chartruese Hodgeman Aesis boots.......and drew more strikes up close in my float tube than previously.......

If your waters are tannin stained you may want to go with a reddish brown...Danner makes a nice boot for that.

We need a video