drc

Trump flip flops on stimulus

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Walks away from the table and says now he wants a bigger stimulus than either Dems or Republicans. Huh? 

I was on board with trimmed down, help who needs it bill. Why the unexplained, flip flop? Bad move. 

Trump wasn't against the stimulus,he was against where and who the money was going to.maybe they cleaned up the bill and said the cash printing machines are working overtime so f u q it work a little more

2 hours ago, Dave588 said:

Its politics. Put shoe on other foot. Reach out to the people and promise everything until nov 3rd.

otherwise pelosi and biden will

I'd say most voters who have a semblance of intelligence, know the conservative stimulus is a better option than the pelosi version. Promising more than that all of a sudden seems like a strange move. 

2 hours ago, drc said:

I'd say most voters who have a semblance of intelligence, know the conservative stimulus is a better option than the pelosi version. Promising more than that all of a sudden seems like a strange move. 

Doing better job or having better options won't mean anything to the entertainment "news" channels. 

6 hours ago, drc said:

Walks away from the table and says now he wants a bigger stimulus than either Dems or Republicans. Huh? 

I was on board with trimmed down, help who needs it bill. Why the unexplained, flip flop? Bad move. 

He forced Pelosi's hand. She wanted a larded up bill with no support for airlines and restaurants and wanted bailouts for big cities. Trump called BS on both and pulled out while also telling Mnuchin to start work on sector specific support for airlines, etc using existing resources. Pelosi saw that and understood Trump could get a "win" without her. She blinked. 

Good move. 

His bluster about wanting a bigger bill is just hyperbole. 

1 hour ago, FlukeM said:

It’s because of Pork. It’s what’s for dinner.

Yeah, sector-specific support eliminates the opportunities for graft and pork. Pelosi could not have any of that.