RiverRaider

What's Bill Barr Up To?

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

Per numerous reports

Barr is saying no Durham Report prior to the elections (?)

That is in keeping with DOJ policy (though I think in this instance people should access to the information before the polls close) 

Is he playing it straight because of the  DOJ policy?

Was Durham set way behind schedule by Covid-19? 

Is Barr planning on handing off a BOMB (metaphorically speaking) to an incoming Dem Administration?

Or... are he and Durham simply cooking up more falsified evidence as one of our lame brained conspiracy obsessed Leftist members suggesting? 

confirmed

yes

yes

no (because the next Admin will not be Dem)

no (you nullified your question by saying who is raising the issue)

Should the untoward happen and Biden win, a reminder that Lame Duck Presidents still retain the power of the phone and a pen before inauguration.

1 min ago, flyangler said:

confirmed

yes

yes

no (because the next Admin will not be Dem)

no (you nullified your question by saying who is raising the issue)

And... Gotcow thinks its gonna be a nothing burger etc... etc... 

Just want to jump out ahead of him here with that  :laugh:

Does anyone here believe that if the investigation is complete that Trump would not order Barr to release the findings? Barr works for Trump. After all the BS the Democrats and the media put this administration and country through, the Russian Collusion, impeachment, the Kavanaugh confirmations, the way they treated Barr at congressional hearings, do you really think that either one of them gives a flying F*** what the Democrats think about releasing the findings of the biggest political scandal on earth? If it’s complete, I hope it’s released a week before the election and I hope Biden chokes on it. They put this country through 4 years of BS - screw them and if any of them are guilty I hope they get the firing squad and I will volunteer to be on that detail. 

Problem is, if , God forbid, Trump loses, the investigation, is over. 

At a minimum, play Dem and leak some thing damaging

Edited by Markushook

2 mins ago, Markushook said:

Problem is, if , God forbid, Trump loses, the investigation, is over. 

At a minimum, play Dem and leak some thing damaging

1 hour ago, zybathegeek said:

Should the untoward happen and Biden win, a reminder that Lame Duck Presidents still retain the power of the phone and a pen before inauguration.

^^^^^This

Trump won't go down whimpering.

The President was demanding that Obama, Clinton and Biden be indicted, saying that Barr and Wray have all the information they need, and condemning them for not doing so. This isn't new, but the openness is still a bit startling. (The alleged euphoria of dexamethasone? Or just desperation, from following the polls as closely as he seems to do?) I think Barr will indict some person or persons to make him happy, or at least to relieve some pressure on the DoJ.

The charges don't have to be good. They don't have to survive a court proceeding. As long as they exist, they'll give the President a talking point, even if some court tosses them later as garbage.

Since the President has been so open in demanding prosecutions, the task of such a prosecution has grown immeasurably greater. The first line that defense attorneys will pursue is that the prosecution of whomever is bogus, not brought in good faith, and they will be entitled to depose the President. Barr knows this; the President isn't thinking that far ahead. Anything that moves the day's news away from the pandemic sounds like a great idea to him. Defendants have the right to confront their accusers, and the President's made it clear that he's the Head Accuser.

Having to sit for a deposition, or being compelled to take the stand in a trial, would not be avoidable. In the event that Biden wins the election, the former President Trump could be found in contempt of court for a refusal to appear at deposition or trial, and he might have to sit in jail for a bit, while the people he wants charged are out on bail.

TFLT, you're late to the party. JoeyZac has been having machine gun fantasies for mowing down all kinds of Democrats and liberals for a long time. You'll have to wait in line.

It's also likely that broad declassifications, and court proceedings, will spill new Trump beans that will not only work to establish the good faith of the Russia investigation, but will go a long way to establish obstruction of justice. Barr's also keenly aware of that. The President is not; his infinite sense of entitlement makes him blind to the risks of prosecuting everyone he dislikes (not a short list). In some respects, Barr's slow movement is, I suspect, intended to protect the President.

25 mins ago, ken r said:

^^^^^This

Trump won't go down whimpering.

I understand, but, the election will be over, potentially under false pretenses. 

meaning, votes may have been cast differently. 

34 mins ago, BrianBM said:

The first line that defense attorneys will pursue is that the prosecution of whomever is bogus, not brought in good faith

Despite the evidence of criminal conduct? 

35 mins ago, BrianBM said:

TFLT, you're late to the party. JoeyZac has been having machine gun fantasies for mowing down all kinds of Democrats and liberals for a long time. You'll have to wait in line.

No idea who you are directing this at but if it's me... kinda' weird