Tog jigging rod

Rate this topic

Paul.f150

Looking for some input on a new tog jigging rod. I’ve been using a tsunami slow pitch mh & H paired with either my stradic 4K or bg 3k for the past few seasons and while I can’t say anything bad about the combos I think I’m ready for an upgrade. Anyone have experience with any of the jigging world rods/blanks in particular the shogun ML? Thanks in advance! 

22 hours ago, Paul.f150 said:

Looking for some input on a new tog jigging rod. I’ve been using a tsunami slow pitch mh & H paired with either my stradic 4K or bg 3k for the past few seasons and while I can’t say anything bad about the combos I think I’m ready for an upgrade. Anyone have experience with any of the jigging world rods/blanks in particular the shogun ML? Thanks in advance! 

Century Weapon or Weapon Jr

11 hours ago, Pierce said:

Dont know abt your price range. But i used two UglyStick Tiger Elite and they do hold their ground.

Higher end can go for Zenaq or Tenryu. If u can find a JM Three Kings, grab it while its there.

I like the specs on on the JM 3k UL but the rod length at only 5’4 is a little to short for my liking. 

1 min ago, Pierce said:

Just curious, what is the best level drag reel now for jigging?

When it comes to jigging, specifically for Tog, I think most are using spinning reels in the 3000 - 4000 size.

As far as a specific conventional lever drag jigging reel, I’d go with something nice and light, like a Seigler SGN or an Accurate BV-300.

Hobie Power Skiff Fisherman

Hobie Revolution 13