JohnP

manipulat-ing social media has become a standard product offering

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

WSJ announced a Right Wing group whose leader spoke at the convention was banned from Facebook for creating false accounts and for paying right wing youth to post. 

The com­pany said Thurs-day it had re­moved 200 Face­book ac­counts, 55 Face­book pages and 76 In­sta­gram ac­counts that were run by Rally Forge, a U.S. mar­ket­ing firm, for vi­o­lat­ing rules against “co­or­di­nated in­au­then­tic be­hav­ior.” Rally Forge, which Face­book said is now banned per­ma­nently, was work­ing on be­half of two clients, in­clud-ing Turn­ing Point USA, a Phoenix-based con­ser­v­a­tive youth or­ga­ni­za­tion.

Facebook has created additional algorithms for recognizing reused or manipulated content.

“The ac­tiv­ity Face­book dis­closed to­day was by Amer­i­cans tar­geted at Amer­i­cans,” said Alex Sta­mos, di­rec­tor of Stan­ford Uni­ver­si­ty’s In­ter­net Ob­ser­va-tory. “It seems clear that for a cer­tain set of pro­fes­sional po­lit­i­cal op­er­a­tor, ma­nip­u­lat-ing so­cial me­dia has be­come a stan­dard prod­uct of­fer­ing.”

2 mins ago, JohnP said:

for recognizing reused or manipulated content.

And who exactly determines what is "manipulated?" (Let me give you a hint, he is an admitted Marxist)

But death threats from Progressives are still allowed to remain.

So yes, manipulating social media is standard procedure....BY THE LEFT.

Just now, Steve in Mass said:

And who exactly determines what is "manipulated?" (Let me give you a hint, he is an admitted Marxist)

Remember now, the violent protestors you see on TV setting cops on fire and attacking businesses and homes are the minorities. Yes, the majority of these folks are peaceful and gentle people. It is the minorities doing all the bad stuff.

This Tweet exists on Twitter to this day:

Former Twitter CEO Dick Costolo on Wednesday said capitalists are going to be the first group of people to be lined up and executed during the “revolution” that is occurring across America saying, “Me-first capitalists who think you can separate society from business are going to be the first people lined up against the wall and shot in the revolution. I’ll happily provide video commentary.”

twitter.jpg.d69e549cac829c0a14a90784924b627f.jpg

1 hour ago, Steve in Mass said:

I’m sure it can be done with optical and pattern recognition of strings of characters.

3 hours ago, JohnP said:

I’m sure it can be done with optical and pattern recognition of strings of characters.

Um, they don't write themselves, someone has to do it.

But you evidently don't get that.

Having written numerous computer programs, I can make an algorithm do anything I want.