flyangler

HUH? Scully, former Biden intern & debate mod, communicating w anti-Trumper

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

Is this confirmation of the debate process being fixed?

The debate moderators chosen for the next Trump-Biden Dante has already been shown to be a former intern for Biden. The CPD did not see a potential conflict in that? Nope, nothing to see here, move along. 

Anthony Scaramucci, once a Trump insider and short-time member of the Administration, is now staunch and vocal anti-Trumper.  

Now it seems Scully, maybe thinking he was sending a phone-to-phone text, sends a tweet to Scaramucci asking him how he should respond to a Trump tweet critical of Scully.

WTF? The moderator of the next debate asking an anti-Trumper for advice?! 

UK *******:

Moderator of next presidential debate Steve Scully tweets Anthony Scaramucci asking 'Should I respond to Trump?' after the president accused him of being biased against him

• Steve Scully asked Anthony Scaramucci for advice in a tweet which appeared to be a misdirected attempt at a private message 
  • Scaramucci took it at face value and said the C-SPAN journalist should 'ignore' Trump's accusation of bias
  • The second debate is in grave doubt after Trump rejected plan for virtual clash 

The moderator of next week's presidential debate raised eyebrows last night by publicly asking Anthony Scaramucci for advice after Donald Trumpaccused him of bias. 

Steve Scully asked the former White House advisor 'should I respond to Trump' in a tweet which appeared to be a misdirected attempt at a private message. 

Trump had complained to Fox News host Sean Hannity that Scully was a 'never-Trumper, and I think somebody said he worked for Biden at one point'.  

Scully's tweet quickly drew criticism from Trump supporters who said it should be 'disqualifying' - but Scaramucci took it at face value, responding: 'Ignore. He is having a hard enough time. Some more bad stuff about to go down.'   

Scaramucci, who lost his job as Trump's communications director after just 10 days in 2017, has become a fierce critic of the president and has called for a vote for Joe Biden to 'save the Republican Party'. 

Scully is due to moderate the October 15 debate in Miami, but the contest is in grave doubt after Trump rejected a plan to hold it virtually. 

The C-SPAN journalist, 60, was an intern in Biden's office while in college, and later a staff assistant in Kennedy's communications office. 

In 2016, while Trump was a candidate in the GOP primary, Scully shared an opinion piece entitled No, Not Trump, Not Ever, which called him an 'affront to basic standards of honesty, virtue and citizenship'....

Hannity suggested on his show that the Commission on Presidential Debates had 'turned into an anti-Trump organization'.

'The moderator of the second presidential debate, if it happens, is a guy by the name of Steven Scully. I actually know him, met him, actually like him,' Hannity said. 

'He interned for Joe Biden. He worked for Senator Ted Kennedy. Was that a factor in the debate commission's decision?'. 

After Scully sent his mysterious tweet, conservative critics said he should resign as the debate moderator. 

'We need a different moderator at the very least. This is disqualifying,' said Rebeccah Heinrichs of the right-leaning Hudson Institute. 

Greg Price of The Daily Caller said: 'It appears that our moderator for the next debate thinks he's DM'ing with Scaramucci but accidentally tweeted at him. I'm sure he'll be a fair and unbiased moderator.'

Edited by flyangler

Yup..... the technology confused him. Sounds to me like he wanted to respond to Trump, but felt he needed permission to do so, and asked someone who would be able to produce an answer. The response was ignore it, which of course is the only answer ahead of moderating a debate. The  the ominous warning that bad things are on the horizon for Trump. As if designed to cheer him up a little.

I think this stupid commission on debates is really nothing more than a bunch of liberally biased activists posing as fair minded and well meaning people. They always select moderators that flavor the debates with leftist inspiring questions. Like in the last one when the moderator spoke about White racists and neglected to ask about those setting the cops on fire.

Interesting isn't it? How we have talked about suspected bias but the resident left here have consistently denied it, and along comes yet more proof of it.

Not the first, and certainly will not be the last revelation proving just how dishonest, devious, and witting frauds the rabid left have become.

14 mins ago, FishinMortician said:

Yup..... the technology confused him. Sounds to me like he wanted to respond to Trump, but felt he needed permission to do so, and asked someone who would be able to produce an answer. The response was ignore it, which of course is the only answer ahead of moderating a debate. The  the ominous warning that bad things are on the horizon for Trump. As if designed to cheer him up a little.

I think this stupid commission on debates is really nothing more than a bunch of liberally biased activists posing as fair minded and well meaning people. They always select moderators that flavor the debates with leftist inspiring questions. Like in the last one when the moderator spoke about White racists and neglected to ask about those setting the cops on fire.

I wonder if these journalists even realize how biased they are, or if they know, and don't care. They all are so far left, that if one with a smidgen of common sense happens by, they think it is a moderate in the flesh, a species rarely seen among their ranks.

If the bias were evenly split among the moderators, biased moderation would be a fact of life, but this bias always goes one way.

Levine, Solomon, or the like, should get a shot at asking some questions.

Seriously, put yourself in Scully's shoes. Imagine what went through his head when he realized his faux pas. 

My schadenfreude receptors just broke.... 

17 mins ago, dena said:

I wonder if these journalists even realize how biased they are, or if they know, and don't care. They all are so far left, that if one with a smidgen of common sense happens by, they think it is a moderate in the flesh, a species rarely seen among their ranks.

If the bias were evenly split among the moderators, biased moderation would be a fact of life, but this bias always goes one way.

Levine would just the prick to burst the Dems balloon. 

Tucker Carlson has my vote though, intelligent questioner who will get both sides to reveal themselves.

They both went to the “Anthony Weiner school of DM’ing” apparently. 

I wonder what Scaramicci means by “more bad stuff coming...”.  

2 mins ago, zybathegeek said:

Levine would just the prick to burst the Dems balloon. 

Tucker Carlson has my vote though, intelligent questioner who will get both sides to reveal themselves.

I agree, Tucker would be an excellent choice.

58 mins ago, dena said:

No, they don’t realize it. Like asking if a fish knows it lives in the water, it doesn’t know any better. 

54 mins ago, dena said:

I agree, Tucker would be an excellent choice.

Joe Rogan, he holds both sides in disdain equally. 

Edited by flyangler

27 mins ago, fish643 said:

Consistent with the Dem Golden Rule ...

"If you're not cheating and lying, you're not trying hard enough." 

The Democrats might find out about another truism....Rubbing is racing, as they spin into a wall.

Well Trump is in a unique position.  Maybe not so unique actually.

He needs to pull a Gingrich at the next debate.

Don't accept the premise of the loaded/tilted question, ignore biden and blast the moderator

IE "mr trump, after Charlottesville, you said....'