Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Toad in Nj

Hockey 2020 - 2021

Rate this topic

46,480 posts in this topic

3 mins ago, rocco said:

right here buddy. what's up?

i'll be going to an undisclosed place tomorrow to attempt to catch the elusive sea robin.

what are they catching them on?

5 mins ago, rocco said:

right here buddy. what's up?

Can you tell us about the kinds of birds that one might encounter in Yellowstone?

1 min ago, eddy said:

i'll be going to an undisclosed place tomorrow to attempt to catch the elusive sea robin.

what are they catching them on?

i was there last friday, it was pretty filthy with boofish in the early evening, so much so that i didn't even try for frooks. i didn't go all the way out to the light, but we talked to some guys that were out there when we got back to the lot. they had short fluke and wiley sea robins out there. not sure what they were fishing with though, i saw buckets, so probably some bait. 

but you know they drill, they will take the same flies, jigs and gulp that frooks will. 

1 min ago, rocco said:

i was there last friday, it was pretty filthy with boofish in the early evening, so much so that i didn't even try for frooks. i didn't go all the way out to the light, but we talked to some guys that were out there when we got back to the lot. they had short fluke and wiley sea robins out there. not sure what they were fishing with though, i saw buckets, so probably some bait. 

but you know they drill, they will take the same flies, jigs and gulp that frooks will. 

i'll be further south from there.

4 mins ago, Ravioli said:

Can you tell us about the kinds of birds that one might encounter in Yellowstone?

sure. the most obvious ones you will see by the sides of the road are black-billed magpies. black and white bird with a big long tail. we saw lots of clark's nutcrackers in the parking lots at higher elevations. on the trails i remember seeing lots of wilson's warblers. in the meadows it wasn't hard to find mountain bluebirds and around the camps there were usually common ravens. lots of swainson's hawks around everywhere, more common than red-tailed hawks iirc. also saw some some red-crossbills in the pines around some of the thermal vents. 

6 mins ago, eddy said:

i'll be further south from there.

keep you head on a swivel for the white-breasted housewife on those beaches. and the hiney birds :th: 

9 mins ago, rocco said:

keep you head on a swivel for the white-breasted housewife on those beaches. and the hiney birds :th: 

haha... eddy leaving the house... You fall for that joke?

On 6/9/2021 at 2:47 PM, rocco said:

pm us or you're full of ****

almost forgot rocco

i'm not sending you a link to that neighbor's OF page.

but i'll pm you the picture she's got on it.