After Trump, who inherits Trumpism

Rate this topic

BrianBM

12 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

Nope.  He'll go live at Mara Lago, golf every day for the rest of his life, and after every hole, will Tweet: "I told you so, I told you so, haha, I told you so, now suffer you stupid ****s."

He'll do that all day every day for the rest of his life, and the rest of us will sit here and wallow in misery as our way of life crumples around us.

Sarah Palin had her own Fox studio, for a time, at her compound in Alaska. I see no reason why President Trump couldn't do the same. Mar-A-Lago is big, a studio setup would be easily accommodated, and I can't believe that he would refuse either the money or the ongoing media celebrity.

15 hours ago, Nessmuk said:

Trey Gowdy, Kristi Noem, Nikki Haley, Jim Jordan, lots more.

Trumpism will be dead, but the Republicans have a deep bench of “new” talent.

Jordan and Noem in particular, I think. Haley has stepped aside precisely to put a little distance between herself and the Trump Administration.

15 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Assume, for the moment, that Biden wins and President Trump loses. Assume further that Biden is a one-term President.

Harris has the pole position to run for the White House in 2024.

Donald J. Trump, the former President, will take up his new position at Fox, there to denounce Biden and all things liberal, and claim that without him there would be no vaccines (when they happen) for Covid-19. Maybe he'll try and run in 2024. If anyone can have the energy to run at 77 after one term, it's him. But if not, who?

Don Jr.? Jared? Ivanka? Senator Cruz?

Who is the most plausible inheritor of the Trump base?  As Little would say, discuss.

i think you know that biden/harris will change all the rules and there will never be another election again were a dem doesnt win.. and the fact that makes you commies happy is what some would see as the base to your mental illness

"a high percentage of Bernie's posts involve Jim, homosexuality and/or touching children" :naughty:

15 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Assume, for the moment, that Biden wins and President Trump loses. Assume further that Biden is a one-term President......

^^^ How dumb it this discussion.

VVVV So dumb that even Terri Mae says so....

15 hours ago, Terry Mac said:

You are a mess. 

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

12 hours ago, JoeyZac said:

Nope.  He'll go live at Mara Lago, golf every day for the rest of his life, and after every hole, will Tweet: "I told you so, I told you so, haha, I told you so, now suffer you stupid ****s."

He'll do that all day every day for the rest of his life, and the rest of us will sit here and wallow in misery as our way of life crumples around us.

12 hours ago, Slacker said:

Do you really think that your way of life is gonna crumple if Trump loses?  What's gonna change for you?

9 hours ago, Finster said:

No. It will continue to slowly be chipped away at, as liberalism continues to slide left...

9 hours ago, jonesg said:

freedom.

Specifics?  How will JoeyZac's life look different at the end of 4 years of a Dem administration?  How different did JoeyZac's life look in 2019 compared to 2015?

10 mins ago, BrianBM said:

It's a subject for discussion, no more or less.

Weren't you bemoaning the state of the polls in a thread a few pages ago?

If I get rained out fishing this weekend, I will offer up a "Biden Foreign Policy Speculation" as a different what-if. 

BTW, none of the Trump's will seek the presidency in the next cycle. Trumpism is a thing, but it does not need a Trump to continue the core precepts. Beside that, I am fairly certain that Trump fatigue, whether after one term or two, will make it impossible for a Trump to come in so soon afterward. 

The pendulum snapped off its string with Trump, it will need to be fixed and put back into motion. That will require a different type of conservative populist to pick up the pieces. 

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

3 mins ago, flyangler said:

If I get rained out fishing this weekend, I will offer up a "Biden Foreign Policy Speculation" as a different what-if. 

BTW, none of the Trump's will seek the presidency in the next cycle. Trumpism is a thing, but it does not need a Trump to continue the core precepts. Beside that, I am fairly certain that Trump fatigue, whether after one term or two, will make it impossible for a Trump to come in so soon afterward. 

The pendulum snapped off its string with Trump, it will need to be fixed and put back into motion. That will require a different type of conservative populist to pick up the pieces. 

1. Why not? What's this place for, if not speculation?

2. I dunno. Jared has gotten some publicity as possibly having some ambitions in politics. And Trump has so remade the GOP that I don't think there's going to  be room for a "different type of conservative populist" for awhile, certainly not while Donald J. Trump is alive and on the air.

I don't think President Trump, even after losing, will willingly let control of his base devolve to anyone else. He can't bear to share the attention. If he does decide to let it slip, even in part, he'll want it to stay inside the family. I doubt Ivanka really wants to run, but Donald might want to push Don Jr. or Jared for office, feeling that he can run them.

3 mins ago, BrianBM said:

1. Why not? What's this place for, if not speculation?

2. I dunno. Jared has gotten some publicity as possibly having some ambitions in politics. And Trump has so remade the GOP that I don't think there's going to  be room for a "different type of conservative populist" for awhile, certainly not while Donald J. Trump is alive and on the air.

I don't think President Trump, even after losing, will willingly let control of his base devolve to anyone else. He can't bear to share the attention. If he does decide to let it slip, even in part, he'll want it to stay inside the family. I doubt Ivanka really wants to run, but Donald might want to push Don Jr. or Jared for office, feeling that he can run them.

Don't suck me into this. 

Jared is not well-liked, he's weird, not a electoral politician. Can't appeal to wide swaths of voters and really does not want to work that hard at that. 

Don't know about Ivanka, think she would not want to commit the time needed given her kids' ages. 

Either could try running for governor of NYS next time around, though I don't know why they would want that job. 

Junior? He's having too much fun with Kim and fishing/hunting. 

- Victor Davis Hanson 

6 mins ago, Slacker said:

Trumpism is just nationalism plus a willingness to spew total bull**** with a straight face.  I would figure that there are any number of conservative nationalists in the Pat Buchanan mold that could fill a vacant Trump niche.

Geez, after all this time you still have no clue what drives Trump, his supporters and who might be a successor. Turn on Limbaugh and listen to Trump, he's laying out everything you need to understand. 

- Victor Davis Hanson 

16 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Assume, for the moment, that Biden wins and President Trump loses. Assume further that Biden is a one-term President.

Harris has the pole position to run for the White House in 2024.

Donald J. Trump, the former President, will take up his new position at Fox, there to denounce Biden and all things liberal, and claim that without him there would be no vaccines (when they happen) for Covid-19. Maybe he'll try and run in 2024. If anyone can have the energy to run at 77 after one term, it's him. But if not, who?

Don Jr.? Jared? Ivanka? Senator Cruz?

Who is the most plausible inheritor of the Trump base?  As Little would say, discuss.

Only the “ ole man “ is crazy to take the job :rav:

If it has fins i want to catch it 

'Trumpism' as far as political offices go,  will die.....in 3 weeks.

He came when the white nation reeled from finally having a first black president.

Barack was dignified and respected around the world. 

The last thing the nation was willing to accept next ... was a woman president. The battle ensued.

Say what you will about the credibility of each, but it comes down to that simple basic ugly truth. It did not matter who they actually were.

Who will replace 'Trumpism"? 

No one. There will 'likely' never be another Trump in politics, the man who is a world real estate mogul, then TV reality show host, No, there will never be another, he is truly one of kind.

Which is the reason he was elevated to such revolting appeal. Tear down the institutions! "Drain the swamp!"

Whom else, right now, can even compare to that level of stardom? Another talk show host? Another TV reality star?

Certainly Not a politician.

And when Trump looses in 3 weeks, watch all GOP run for the hills and change their support and revaluate what is to be a 'Republican'.

History clearly shows both parties need to redefine themselves after each major political loss.

1 hour ago, flyangler said:

"rained out fishing"?  Seriously?   I have been out (min 3 hrs each trip) 11 times in eight days.  It rained twice, I got wet, I caught fish.  Rain tomorrow, I will be out on the water fishing, catching and getting wet.