dmac95

Oyster Bay Boat Ramps

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Suffolk County resident here, not Nassau. I called the offices of Town of OB. they told me cops "shouldn't" ticket. doesnt sound 100%.

Imagine pulling up to the boat ramp to get a court summons when office of Town of whatever tells you they wont give tickets? I always new never to expect much from politics on this island, let alone this state, but can someone suprise me in a good way here? What to do to get boat on water. You would think you can use a ramp that isnt 20 miles away from a nearest rockpile.

Let's assume the legal route first. Can't discuss the other way on these forums I guess.

Mattituck has a state ramp.  Plenty of rock piles  both east and west of the inlet. Might have to do a little searching for them, but there's good fishing out there.

6 mins ago, quiknet said:

Mattituck has a state ramp.  Plenty of rock piles  both east and west of the inlet. Might have to do a little searching for them, but there's good fishing out there.

I go there a lot but the wind is unbearable this time of year for my liking. I dont mind smaller fish in smaller quantities for something tad bit more protected from the wind.

8 mins ago, dmac95 said:

I go there a lot but the wind is unbearable this time of year for my liking. I dont mind smaller fish in smaller quantities for something tad bit more protected from the wind.

Gotcha.  That is the open sound out there and there's always a lot of east wind this time of year.

FWIW, I used the oyster bay ramp in october a couple of times/year in october or november from 2011-2017 when I had my skiff.  Didn't have an oyster bay town permit and never got a ticket.  The only thing that would cause me not to park there was the oyster festival which is cancelled this year.  

10 mins ago, quiknet said:

Gotcha.  That is the open sound out there and there's always a lot of east wind this time of year.

FWIW, I used the oyster bay ramp in october a couple of times/year in october or november from 2011-2017 when I had my skiff.  Didn't have an oyster bay town permit and never got a ticket.  The only thing that would cause me not to park there was the oyster festival which is cancelled this year.  

the DEC one or one next to DEC one?