Highlander1

Thanksgiving Plans

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

Personally, I'd like to go to the moon. 

We haven't discussed it yet but I know what that means, means she isn't even considering not having dinner at our house for a group of 22-25 from as far away as Pittsburgh and Baltimore and a few NYC'ers tossed in. This is a recipe for Covid disaster, we are 62 and should be savvy enough to say, see everyone in 2021,  but her family won't even recognize there COULD be a problem. 

I might just take a hard stand on this one, I am not comfortable having folks that could be exposed prior to coming to my house and give it to everyone. 3 of the the known guests have already had it. Am I being unreasonable? 

Whats your plans or is it too early to think about?

I have zero interest in Thanksgiving.  None of the kids eat at the table. Turkey tastes like ass.  I don't really want to be around most family members.  If i had my way i'd eat a dry turkey sangwich wash it down with a glass of wild turkey on the rocks and in bed by 7:30. 

We usually host the my parents, my inlaws, and a handful of local relatives, probably 16-20 in total with my family. We are not hosting a traditional TG dinner this year. It sucks, TG is my favorite holiday.....no gifts, just eat and drink and enjoy football and a long weekend. My wife and I are not ready to host a big group from all over the area. 

My sons will be home, the two coming from college will test a week before and be quarantined for a period of time. To some this may sound overboard, but we just aren't interested in taking any unnecessary risk. 

I am still cooking a big, full dinner, and I have offered to make dinner deliveries to everyone Thursday midday so we can sort of share a meal. I know it's not the same, but it's something, and those that don't want to cook don't have to cook and can still have a nice meal. 

Wife and I drive down to Charlotte NC to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas together with our son for 4-5 days. Only six of us, me and my wife, my son and his wife, her mother and brother. Wife and I stay in a hotel. My son does all the cooking. Looking forward to going down. Fun times. 

Edited by jimmy1956

Not sure what the family will want to do , I really don't care for a big event this year .

Starting on November 23, fake that you have Covid! Do fake coughs, say that you can't smell or taste nuthin', and tell yer wife you got a positive test. 

Say that you feel like you're near death -- and then, on Black Friday, tell her you feel better -- it's a miracle! :angel: -- and that you think you'll be OK! 

And then, since it's Thanksgiving weekend, and there ain't no one there, go fishing! 

:idea: 

Usually we have my sons' HS friends over for breakfast before the traditional HS football game.

That's not happening so either it will be a morning pheasant hunt with the boys & a friend and his dog or  a morning tree stand hunt.

Not sure we can pull off the Thanksgiving afternoon dinner at her cousin's house. Cousin was talking about making sure every one gets tested that week. Easy for me at the skilled nursing facility, not so easy for everyone else. WAY too many people.

I’ve gone to a great shindig on the Cape for the past 6 years but am not sure if it’s happening this year. 

There are usually a few people there from NYC but mostly Cape locals. 

Great food, great herb and live music. Big bummer if it’s canceled. 

You should wear a Purell utility belt, 3 masks and a double filtered OUTBREAK gas mask. 

then walk around squirting everyone with Sani from a Turkey-Baster. 

that

or

drunk heavily, stop being a ***** and hope for the best. 

peace 

3 hours ago, Rocky_Point_Charlie said:

I’ve gone to a great shindig on the Cape for the past 6 years but am not sure if it’s happening this year. 

There are usually a few people there from NYC but mostly Cape locals. 

Great food, great herb and live music. Big bummer if it’s canceled. 

Sounds amazing TBH 

Not sure but we planned ahead. Got a twelve pound young turkey my brother raised if it's just me and my girl. Have another 27 pounder from my brother if the kids show up. We have been talking with everyone but no final decision yet.