patchyfog

Anything to blame somebody else

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

What is the point of this? Especially considering the fact that the WH refuses to contact trace

Trump says Gold Star families could have given him Covid-19

“They come within an inch of my face, sometimes,” the president said of the families of America’s war dead.

Trump says Gold Star families could have given him Covid-19

QUINT FORGEY

10/08/2020 09:37 AM EDT

Updated: 10/08/2020 11:20 AM EDT

President Donald Trump suggested Thursday that he might have contracted Covid-19 from Gold Star family members who were too close to him when telling stories of their loved ones who died in the line of duty.

In an interview on Fox Business, Trump told host Maria Bartiromo that he “figured there would be a chance” he would become infected with the coronavirus, citing his meetings with the families of America’s war dead.

“Sometimes, I’d be in groups of, for instance, Gold Star families. I met with Gold Star families. I didn’t want to cancel that,” he said. “But they all came in, and they all talk about their son and daughter and father. And, you know, they all came up to me, and they tell me a story.”...

From Politico

Edited by patchyfog

LOL.     

See it can't be the Rose Garden event with Justice Comey- that would mean owning the 34 people in the WH who now have the disease and whomever else outside.

No, it has to be all those Gold Star families...

Oh and of course we cannot allow Contact Tracing... that might actually get at the truth.

Edited by moonbat

From the same article.  Dude is not blaming.  He is pointing out he made a choice.

"He said the family members would approach him to “tell me a story about, ‘My son, sir, was in Iraq.’ Or, ‘He was in Afghanistan.’ And, ‘Sir, he did this, and he did that, and then he charged in order to save his friends.’ And, ‘Yes, sir, he was killed, but he saved his friends. He’s so brave, sir.’”

Trump explained that as he was being told these stories about fallen soldiers, “I can’t say, ‘Back up, stand 10 feet,’ you know? I just can’t do it.”

At one event, Trump claimed to have “went through, like 35 people” whose family members had died, “and everyone had a different story.”

“I can’t back up, Maria, and say, ‘Give me room. I want room. Give me 12 feet. Stay 12 feet away when you talk,’” he said.

The Gold Star family members “come within an inch of my face, sometimes,” Trump said. “They want to hug me, and they want to kiss me. And they do. And, frankly, I’m not telling them to back up. I’m not doing it.”

1 min ago, moonbat said:

LOL.     

See it can't be the Rose Garden event with Justice Comey- that would mean owning the 34 people in the WH who now have the disease and whomever else outside.

No, it has to be all those Gold Star families...

Oh and of course we cannot allow Contact Tracing... that might actually get at the truth.

Maybe read the story.  The event with the Gold Star families was 9/27 and people were asking about it.  And people including the Vice Commandant of the CG got Covid from that event.  So...

2 mins ago, Shipwreck said:

Maybe read the story.  The event with the Gold Star families was 9/27 and people were asking about it.  And people including the Vice Commandant of the CG got Covid from that event.  So...

Then let's have some Contact Tracing so we can save some lives.

Butt Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

44 mins ago, Shipwreck said:

this is beneath you

It should be beneath him to call out the Gold Star event.

He could've gotten it multiple ways. Maybe they know, maybe not. More than anything, Trump doesn't want contact tracing that might reflect badly on him.

16 mins ago, patchyfog said:

It should be beneath him to call out the Gold Star event.

He could've gotten it multiple ways. Maybe they know, maybe not. More than anything, Trump doesn't want contact tracing that might reflect badly on him.

Correct.

Pence claimed the event for ACB was outside, however there were official WH photos there of the event inside for the VIP's. Occums razor points to that event....

1 hour ago, Shipwreck said:

Was the marine commander in quarantine there as well? Or did he likely pick it up at the WH or somewhere else? Asking I am not sure if he attended the gold star event.

1 hour ago, Shipwreck said:

From the same article.  Dude is not blaming.  He is pointing out he made a choice.

"He said the family members would approach him to “tell me a story about, ‘My son, sir, was in Iraq.’ Or, ‘He was in Afghanistan.’ And, ‘Sir, he did this, and he did that, and then he charged in order to save his friends.’ And, ‘Yes, sir, he was killed, but he saved his friends. He’s so brave, sir.’”

Trump explained that as he was being told these stories about fallen soldiers, “I can’t say, ‘Back up, stand 10 feet,’ you know? I just can’t do it.”

At one event, Trump claimed to have “went through, like 35 people” whose family members had died, “and everyone had a different story.”

“I can’t back up, Maria, and say, ‘Give me room. I want room. Give me 12 feet. Stay 12 feet away when you talk,’” he said.

The Gold Star family members “come within an inch of my face, sometimes,” Trump said. “They want to hug me, and they want to kiss me. And they do. And, frankly, I’m not telling them to back up. I’m not doing it.”

Well.....that's certainly different than the OP made it out to be. 

1 hour ago, RIRockhound said:

Was the marine commander in quarantine there as well? 

Yes he was at the Gold Star event.  It ended up making the entire Joint Chiefs have to quarantine.