Stopsign32v

UPS rate for shipping 1 piece rod. St Croix saves the day!

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

So I got a Mojo Inshore and was less than excited about it's action. Shame on me for trying to save a buck to begin with. I called St Croix and they said no problem, send it to us and we will change it for what you want. We agreed that I would be much happier with the Legend Tournament Inshore. I asked them advice on shipping back the rod because I, like an idiot threw away the tube it was shipped to me in. (ALWAYS save the tubes!) They said to run by my local Cabelas and they should give me one, which the manager at Cabelas did. Man I thought, this is really turning into a happy ending! :witty:

I pack it all up and take it to the UPS store to ship it. They measure the tube, get the weight and all...$209 to ship the rod. The young guy training at the register said "Hold on let me check with the other worker if I did this right." she came over and said YEP, $209. I told her there was no way it cost $209 to ship that 2lb tube. She said its because of the length. I told her I understood her logic but still there is no way it cost that much. Not wanting to argue I left. I couldn't believe that this was going so well only to end at UPS and me being stuck with a rod I didn't like. So I called St Croix, maybe they could give me some advice...

The lady told me "No problem, just go onto our site and we have an option to buy a $25 return shipping label." :theman: I told her that she literally made my day. So now I have a Legend Tournament Inshore on the way. So excited! I would be hard for me to buy any other rod than St Croix. 

They have excellent customer service and even better inshore rods. I have two legend tournament inshore and I have nothing but good things to say about it! 

USPS very well could have been a cheaper option. The simplest reason being, everyone has a mailbox and received mail already, UPS delivers things on an as needed basis. 

1 hour ago, Ftyer said:

USPS very well could have been a cheaper option. The simplest reason being, everyone has a mailbox and received mail already, UPS delivers things on an as needed basis. 

USPS won't deliver it. It is too big to fit in their delivery vehicles. Tried that route

21 mins ago, Stopsign32v said:

USPS won't deliver it. It is too big to fit in their delivery vehicles. Tried that route

Dang, now that’s really something. I commend St. Croix for this entire process. 

Yeah, yeah, yeah nice story and all - but more importantly, wait until you try that Legend Inshore! Holy crap that is a sweet rod, problem is, you’ll never go back. I have three now, and rarely touch my other rods. (Although my new 2020 mojo inshore came today because I wanted to try it, we’ll see this weekend) 

btw, was it a new Mojo inshore or the old one? 

Edited by Jason B

18 mins ago, Jason B said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah nice story and all - but more importantly, wait until you try that Legend Inshore! Holy crap that is a sweet rod, problem is, you’ll never go back. I have three now, and rarely touch my other rods. (Although my new 2020 mojo inshore came today because I wanted to try it, we’ll see this weekend) 

btw, was it a new Mojo inshore or the old one? 

You cannot imagine how excited I am!!! You aren't helping any BTW. I was ready to get an Avid Inshore but wanted to ask them the differences. They were honest and said the hardware is about all there is to it and it is a little more sensitive than the Avid but he said you WILL notice the difference so I told him to

WaryFemaleAldabratortoise-small.gif

And it was the older Mojo. Another plus to the Legend over the Avid is the Legend is available in a medium action and that is what I want.

A number of vendors won't ship 8' up one piece rods for just thay reason......

because of the shipping costs on over sized.  $13 for 7'6" rod but $178 for 8' rod. LOL

Then again at least concerning the USPS they can't seem to even get stuff in their size limits delivered.  Ordered a 1 piece 7'6" shipped priority mail with tracking from a location in RI that usually takes 2-3 days first class to arrive over the last few months here in Va.  It left on Thurs Oct 2  was suppose to be delivered on Mon 5th.  Made it to the Ma Distribution Center Oct 3.  It traveled around New England stopping at Ct Southern Dist Center on the 6th for a couple days. This morning after a few days in-transit to limbo again it made it back to the MA Dist Center AGAIN on the 9th.  There it is sitting..... the original distribution center it started at.  7 days and it has only made it about 60 miles closer to my address.

All I am waiting for is once its finally delivered in the next week or so I will get a notice a few days after that telling me my package may be delayed in being delivered.

Shimano charged me $7 to ship $2 washer... That what makes the difference between a great company like StCroix and a mediocre company like Shimano.

Edited by levari