Good news & bad news

Rate this topic

bigfish4me

Did you know that the expression "the whole nine yards" might come from a concrete truck? At one time, the capacity of them things was nine cubic yards, and when a job was big, the concrete guys would say to "give 'em the whole nine yards." It stuck, and spread to general usage. 

That's your useless fact of the day. :th:

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.

3 mins ago, JaseB said:

Please don't start threads with title like this in your situation, you had me about ready to jump out a window. 

Good luck with it brother.  One day at a time. 

Ok Karen.

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

5 mins ago, MikeMc said:

So, no cable means no internet, right? No school for the Chuckleheads. lol

They go in on Thursdays and fridays .....today’s the last day I gotta drop em off, they will ride the bus home today and then the bus to and from from here on out.  

If if I didn’t have to drop them off I’d be 8 beers into my day already 

10 mins ago, JaseB said:

Please don't start threads with title like this in your situation, you had me about ready to jump out a window. 

Good luck with it brother.  One day at a time. 

Thanks dude..... just plowing through it , I did sit in a tree last night for the first time this season....I passed on a couple of big doe because I knew getting them out would have probably killed me. 

13 mins ago, bigfish4me said:

Thanks dude..... just plowing through it , I did sit in a tree last night for the first time this season....I passed on a couple of big doe because I knew getting them out would have probably killed me. 

Helpful and nice! 

"all of jase's posts are valid." -Otter

20 mins ago, bigfish4me said:

It's not always about the killing. The communing with nature is just as good. 

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

2 hours ago, bigfish4me said:

Go in Monday for the cardiac catheter, if I need any stents they will do it then, back to penn on the 21st to schedule the valve replacement.  I couldn’t get all the dental work done in time for the first  date which was Monday..... I finished up the dental work and have my clearance now.  I’m gonna try and schedule it for right after Halloween, the boys are 5 and I don’t wanna miss taking em out..... and it gives me some time to build up the spare parts at work since I’ll be out for 5-8 weeks.

Thanks for asking.

I wish you luck.

Maybe you could reconsider taking the boys out for Halloween, perfect recipe for a Covid disaster, a grandfather that has heart issues taking his grandsons trick or treating to strangers houses that you have no idea of who could have it or been exposed to it. Wake up folks, this isn't gonna kill kids but it will kill older people.  Doesn't this concern you at all?

"Thats as big as a fish that size gets" - Russ Wilson
RIP JM

1 min ago, Highlander1 said:

I wish you luck.

Maybe you could reconsider taking the boys out for Halloween, perfect recipe for a Covid disaster, a grandfather that has heart issues taking his grandsons trick or treating to strangers houses that you have no idea of who could have it or been exposed to it. Wake up folks, this isn't gonna kill kids but it will kill older people.  Doesn't this concern you at all?

Appreciate the insight..... I’m 45 and the chuckleheads are my twin sons..... I am a grandfather though, I’ve got 23 and 21 year old daughters from my first marriage.  

I went for my 3rd covid test yesterday.... fun stuff..... if I haven’t caught the kung flu by now from one of the 90 China men from Philly at work....I’ll take my chances trick or treating.

2 hours ago, MikeMc said:

Ok Karen.

The least you could do is spell it all in caps . You know how he gets ...

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."