Goldy

Virtual Second Debate

Rate this topic

99 posts in this topic

Virtual?

May as well have cardboard effigies with hinged cutout mouths to mimic their voice synthesized speech.

Looks like Joe Public is going to get scammed.

simple fix... a debate committee member at each remote site to verify the independence of each speaker

Like a poll watcher... poll watcher for Biden approved by Trump and vice versa

The President having opted out makes me wonder why? It really is too early to tell if it will actually be cancelled but his actions leave room for many interpretations. 

I believe he thinks any behavior that acknowledges his illness makes him look less macho or weak. His absence protects him from the visual of his looking ill if his infection resurfaces. 

What his refusal to do anything but a live debate does show is a continuation of his selfish callous disregard for those that would have to be on site to produce a live event. I don't think he is afraid of Biden but do think after debate #1 he believes he has nothing to gain from further debates. Combining this with the poor optics of a Covid patient in tenuous recovery and you get a Presidential no show.

Marc

Force Biden to stand 90 minutes and show his weakness while the guy who just had COVID stands there and looks as virile as ever. 

Trump is over COVID, symptom free, fever free. No way by the 15th he's spreading COVID. There's no reason for a virtual debate, none. 

Refusing a virtual debate leaves Biden looking scared and weak. 

7 mins ago, mml4 said:

The President having opted out makes me wonder why? It really is too early to tell if it will actually be cancelled but his actions leave room for many interpretations. 

I believe he thinks any behavior that acknowledges his illness makes him look less macho or weak. His absence protects him from the visual of his looking ill if his infection resurfaces. 

What his refusal to do anything but a live debate does show is a continuation of his selfish callous disregard for those that would have to be on site to produce a live event. I don't think he is afraid of Biden but do think after debate #1 he believes he has nothing to gain from further debates. Combining this with the poor optics of a Covid patient in tenuous recovery and you get a Presidential no show.

Marc

Is this serious?  

8 mins ago, mml4 said:

Marc

It's called negotiation.

He's not agreeing to the terms changing since they were first agreed upon.

I'm wrong ! He just announced he is going to have a rally in place of the debate. He said he has nothing to gain and they won't be able to control him anyway. He also took a pot shot at Chris Wallace.

What a guy!

Marc

1 min ago, mml4 said:

I'm wrong ! He just announced he is going to have a rally in place of the debate. He said he has nothing to gain and they won't be able to control him anyway. He also took a pot shot at Chris Wallace.

What a guy!

Marc

Awesome