stripergene

Penn SpinfisherVI

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

Great reels that can be fished hard.  And are simple to maintain.

The LC is one of the first of it's kind....It's not a carp reel brought over and marketed as a surf reel.  It's sealed just like the spinfisher and slammer and beefy as hell....and it has a tall spool with long stroke wormgear oscillation.....and it's simple to work on relative to the others.

I don't trust either to dunks....experienced and have seen a few fail at the ar clutch bearing.

My 4500 has been great so far. I would make the suggestion that you covert it to manual bail before you take it out. Holds a full 300 yards of 20lb spider wire. Thinking about a 5500 lc next for my 10 foot. 

I was looking at the Spinfisher long cast when I got my Lamiglas carbon surf but ended up going with a slammer. I’d still like to try it on one of my next setups. I have the conflict 2 LC on my mojo surf and I love that combo. Also have the Spinfisher vi live liner and really like it if any of that helps what so ever...

I just got a 6500LC and put it on an 11' BH Striped bass special. I've only had it out a couple times in the field and once on the beach. Love the reel so far. Wish I had some others to compare casting distance with but it seems to be working very well. 

33 mins ago, SteveB336 said:

I was looking at the Spinfisher long cast when I got my Lamiglas carbon surf but ended up going with a slammer. I’d still like to try it on one of my next setups. I have the conflict 2 LC on my mojo surf and I love that combo. Also have the Spinfisher vi live liner and really like it if any of that helps what so ever...

How do you like that carbon surf? I was going to get a 9-10ft gsb to share with my wife but she fell in love with the carbon surf when we were at the tackle shop. Haven't been able to find much info on them. 

1 hour ago, Beachdrivin said:

How do you like that carbon surf? I was going to get a 9-10ft gsb to share with my wife but she fell in love with the carbon surf when we were at the tackle shop. Haven't been able to find much info on them. 

I really like it, I have the 10’ 1-5 oz, it’s light and I could throw it all day. I got it right from their website in June. I would recommend it.

1 hour ago, mlaurino88 said:

Just picked up a 4500 spinfisher last week. Not a big fan of the knob but overall it’s a fantastic reel. I’m using it with a 9ft dark matter rod pairs really well

I put a Gomexus Power knob on mine and it makes a world of difference. 

13 mins ago, ThirstyOwl III said:

I put a Gomexus Power knob on mine and it makes a world of difference. 

I heard the slammer knob would work on the spinfisher. If that doesn’t work I will pick up one of these. Thanks!

2 hours ago, mlaurino88 said:

Just picked up a 4500 spinfisher last week. Not a big fan of the knob but overall it’s a fantastic reel. I’m using it with a 9ft dark matter rod pairs really well

How does that spinfisher balance on the dark matter rod?  Balance point?

Edited by RiverShoulders