VW immobilizer

Rate this topic

Billybob

5 hours ago, Billybob said:

If not, I'm having it towed to a Honda, or Toyota dealer and getting whatever crappy trade in they give me for an accord or camry. 

:th:

"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end -- which you can never afford to loose -- with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they may be .."

So I went up to Newark tow yard and picked up the stolen recovered Jetta.  On the phone they wouldn’t tell me the condition of the car but to my surprise there was not even a scratch on it and half a tank of gas.  and the tv that was in the trunk is still there.  Anyway   The keys were in the car when it was stolen.  I have the spare.  Question is can I just reprogram the fob, replace the mechanical key and drivers door tumbler? Or replace the fob and door tumbler?  Going to Call a locksmith tomorrow. 

Them that gots gets

10 hours ago, mybeach said:

A friend of mine had his 72 skylark stolen. Ended up in Newark yard. 

title on the glove box, when we picked it up it had new tires and a new stereo in it. Looked nice as clean too, the thief loved it. 

The best part was the wife and kid never went and got the insurance inspection and we had no coverage on the car! 

Them that gots gets

On 10/8/2020 at 0:37 PM, Sparky said:

I've been in the assbaby forum too much lately.

Yes, yes you have. 

Edited by MikeMc

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

On 10/8/2020 at 0:22 PM, Billybob said:

The spare was the original dealer key with the fob, but I don't know if we ever used it before, and when we tried multiple times, it apparently f'd up the cluster, which feeds the ecm. I tried all the procedures to reprogram, and so did the dealer, but the cluster is ***'d. So, now I'm going with a used one which will carry the wrong odometer reading,  but I don't care about that, and they are confidant it will reprogram. So, we'll see. 

If not, I'm having it towed to a Honda, or Toyota dealer and getting whatever crappy trade in they give me for an accord or camry. 

If you get an Accord, pm me for some goodies.

On 10/9/2020 at 5:06 PM, cleatis said:

So I went up to Newark tow yard and picked up the stolen recovered Jetta.  On the phone they wouldn’t tell me the condition of the car but to my surprise there was not even a scratch on it and half a tank of gas.  and the tv that was in the trunk is still there.  Anyway   The keys were in the car when it was stolen.  I have the spare.  Question is can I just reprogram the fob, replace the mechanical key and drivers door tumbler? Or replace the fob and door tumbler?  Going to Call a locksmith tomorrow. 

You're lucky it didn't get stripped IN the yard

Seen that happen